Hi, some advice needed please!

I’ve used Xara products for decades (starting with Wordwise!) and built a small business site about 20 years ago with a Xara website building product. However it became apparent after a couple of years that for various reasons the business actually needed a CMS site and it was changed by the IT people we brought in to run on Drupal 7 as it needed multiple levels of client access to different restricted confidential content. I became reasonably competent with Drupal at that time and subsequently set up a personal site about 10 years ago for a totally different subject at www.picma.info .

I no longer have much involvement with the company which now uses Wordpress anyway. I no longer want to use Drupal for my picma.info site as its upgrades (D7-8-9-10) have made it too heavyweight for my needs. I'm someone who just needs a working site and is not a programmer or designer, and I have been recommended to switch to WordPress, although that seems set up to make it easy initially for bloggers. However as I am familiar with the XARA interface etc I would like some advice as to whether in fact Web Designer will actually do what I want without such a big learning curve .

My site is mostly text pages with images, and that’s obviously not an issue, but I do need the ability to create pages with forms that I can fill in which can then be searched, and have a forum facility. I’ve just downloaded the trial but most of the more sophisticated facilities seem to need me to buy the whole package before I can try them. Also I don’t want to spend a lot of time learning yet another package if I subsequently find it doesn’t do what I could more easily achieve if I just dived into learning WordPress. If anyone has any advice and can look at my picma.info site which has the functions I want to reproduce, I’d be extremely grateful!
Steve