Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Deleting a variant

I have a site where I used a Xara template with 3 variants, wide, main and mobile. If I delete the wide version and reupload the entire site, will the head tags shown on the wide version still be there? Thanks.

Default Re: Deleting a variant

No h3f. Just for the main & mobile, but if this is re your form I don't think this will solve your issue.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Can't figure out the issue. It's a 3rd party widget from a vendor for my credit union client. Why does the widget show up perfect on main and mobile, but not the wide?? Same vendor on two other clients that do not have a wide variant and it works fine.

But it doesn't h3f. Sometimes it does but at other times when changing browser size it gives an error.

VIDEO
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 28 July 2022 at 01:15 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I am seeing the same issue as @Egg. The Login box displays in the middle variant, but not in the mobile or wide-screen variant. As Egg's video explains, using the same widget ID for more than one variant can cause it not to render correctly in the others. Sometimes using different IDs for each variant overcomes this issue, but that is not always practical (or possible).

Where one is constrained to retain the same widget ID, Acorn provided a very neat solution which is described in this thread here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...890#post644890.

Start at the beginning of the thread and there is an example XAR file you can download to see how it works. I tested it a while back using Jotform and it worked perfectly. I have added the steps I followed from Acorn. It's not particularly daunting - would be worth a try.

Do read Acorn's thread first (as I might have missed something en route). https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/formtest/ - don't hammer the submission form too much; it's a live demo.

Hopefully, this approach overcomes your issue.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    I am seeing the same issue as @Egg. The Login box displays in the middle variant, but not in the mobile or wide-screen variant. As Egg's video explains, using the same widget ID for more than one variant can cause it not to render correctly in the others. Sometimes using different IDs for each variant overcomes this issue, but that is not always practical (or possible).

Where one is constrained to retain the same widget ID, Acorn provided a very neat solution which is described in this thread here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...890#post644890.

Start at the beginning of the thread and there is an example XAR file you can download to see how it works. I tested it a while back using Jotform and it worked perfectly. I have added the steps I followed from Acorn. It's not particularly daunting - would be worth a try.

Do read Acorn's thread first (as I might have missed something en route). https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/formtest/ - don't hammer the submission form too much; it's a live demo.

Hopefully, this approach overcomes your issue.
    Gary, thank you for the mention.

I did flag that thread in h3f's other Thread.

Unfortunately, I have found that your demo breaks.
    It will be JotForm and my browser baulking at its Content Security Policy.
    it happens when you drag the browser down and back again. Ditto from small to big.
    If you could drop me a copy of your design, I'll be able to iron out any JotForm issues.
    The last time I used JotForm across variants, all was well.

I do believe h3f's issues are related to his widget - I note he has 100s of console errors every 15 seconds (pui-widget.js:373 EMLauncher WARN: MESSAGE: 218 of 240 attempt to connect to host ,TIME: Thu Jul 28 2022 13:08:06 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)) for the Mobile version. Either his code or the embed is rather amiss.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn,

Here is the demo file: Jot Forms_Multiple Variants.xar

I've never really mastered the SameSite attribute - would be good understand, how it should be used and what should be in every website. I get caught out with the message in F12 tools all the time.

I did see the browser issue, which then needs a browser refresh.

The approach is a life-saver though!

Thanks,
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Thanks Acorn,
    Here is the demo file: Jot Forms_Multiple Variants.xar
    I've never really mastered the SameSite attribute - would be good understand, how it should be used and what should be in every website. I get caught out with the message in F12 tools all the time.
    I did see the browser issue, which then needs a browser refresh.
    The approach is a life-saver though!
    Thanks,
    Gary, it seems JotForm has been in denial for over three years. The CSP errors are from their server so I cannot determine how to proceed.

For CSP, you might wish to read: https://content-security-policy.com.
    Think of it as anything you add into a meta header for CPS is a filter to block something.
    Without it, everything get loaded and acted on.

I will be looking at alternative Form 3-party widgets.
    Obviously, any you are hosting become same-origin.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

A few things:

Xara plus with Google Forms widget fails as Google states the Xara pop-up is a non-supported browser - Xara is using MS Edge but as it is integrated within the application, it seems it has not been integration tested properly by Xara.
    Would someone confirms you cannot login to Google Forms through the Xara widget?

I signed up for a free Wufoo account (up to 5 forms) and the Share > Embed JS Code had an id link to the form, since deleted, so don't try to use as it's not there:

<div id="wufoo-zgfogdn0apu4z6"> Fill out my <a href="https://acorntg.wufoo.com/forms/zgfogdn0apu4z6">online form</a>. </div> <script type="text/javascript"> ...</script>,
    so it will be suitable for the same method of moving the form into the visible variant as it is also Responsive.
    WuFoo is not producing any Console errors.

@h3f - if you want to share your design, cut down to just the Form in its Main and Variant page, we could have a look.

Acorn

Thanks Acorn,

The form seems to work from a specific device (Android and Windows OK), but what does not work is sliding a desktop browser between the variants.

Thanks too for the link to CSP.

Surprised Jotform hasn't kept up-to-date!

A compliant 3rd party Form widget with your variant code would I'm sure be a welcome additional widget. OK Wufoo looks promising.

@Acorn, the Xara Google Forms Widget just crashes v19, but logging on to Google Forms and copying the code works as one might expect.
    Last edited by Initiostar; 28 July 2022 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Xara Google Widget
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk