Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bug stack order

Default bug stack order

Dear Xara,

since the latest pro+ release the back and front order is bugged.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stack.png 
Views:	523 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	134313

Selecting the eyeballs and the pupils and send them back with CTRL + B, keep them selected and bring them to front again with CTRL + F, the order isn't correct as you see in the attached image.

bb,

Fly

Default Re: bug stack order

Quote Originally Posted by FLySOLO View Post
    Dear Xara,

since the latest pro+ release the back and front order is bugged.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stack.png 
Views:	523 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	134313

Selecting the eyeballs and the pupils and send them back with CTRL + B, keep them selected and bring them to front again with CTRL + F, the order isn't correct as you see in the attached image.

bb,

Fly
    Fly, I can confirm this Bug.

Create two shapes, one over the other. Add a third.
    Select the first two and Bring to Front and Put to Back repeatedly - the stack order alternates.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

ouch - this is also in designer pro perpetual 20
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hey Acorn,

should i send this to xara or do they read/see it here?

thx,

Fly

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Fly, I can confirm this Bug.

Create two shapes, one over the other. Add a third.
    Select the first two and Bring to Front and Put to Back repeatedly - the stack order alternates.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by FLySOLO View Post
    Hey Acorn,

should i send this to xara or do they read/see it here?

thx,

Fly
    Do direct the Thread link to Xara. Xara prefers a direct dialogue.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sadly, today's update has not fixed this Bug.

Acorn

and lets hope, now xara are back in the driving seat, that the perpetual version gets bug fixes too...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

One reason more to stick to v19...

(others: the non-skinned UI works, no need for internet connection, and more ..)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    One reason more to stick to v19...
    (others: the non-skinned UI works, no need for internet connection, and more ..)
    Michael, we have previously discussed the merits. or opposite, of a Subscription product but to damn v20 Perpetual as well for a small Bugis nugatory.

@handrawn's observation is more relevant: will Xara fix the Bugs in v20 Perpetual in the same timeframe when it fixes them for the Plus products?
    If so, you will have all the existing capabilities of v19 and gain bug fixes, access to an off-line 'Content Catalogue' and actual Help & Support, direct from Xara with no Magix involvement.
    I doubt the light skin actually works in all circumstances; @handrawn has covered this before and when I tried the Button Palette was unusable for me.

For this Bug, the workaround for those in need is Group, promote or demote in the stack and Ungroup.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    ....nugatory.
    I learned a new and wonderful word!

Merriam-Webster: It comes from the Latin adjective nugatorius, which can mean not only “trifling” or “frivolous” but also "futile.”