Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm hosting a contest on my site for artists. Requesting a new banner/logo, etc.. The winner will get $1500 worth of software. This is in conjunction with Right Hemisphere (Deep Paint 3d, etc) and DAZ (Victoria and Michael 2.0). I would like to invite everyone to join in. If you win, it could be a great opportunity for you. If you own a website, I would really appreciate any additional links you can add for the contest as well.

http://www.complxmind.com

I'm hosting a contest on my site for artists. Requesting a new banner/logo, etc.. The winner will get $1500 worth of software. This is in conjunction with Right Hemisphere (Deep Paint 3d, etc) and DAZ (Victoria and Michael 2.0). I would like to invite everyone to join in. If you win, it could be a great opportunity for you. If you own a website, I would really appreciate any additional links you can add for the contest as well.

http://www.complxmind.com

Dear Complex Mind--

You did not sign in with a real name, nor an email.

Additionally, you're requesting site information to spread word of your contest, which, hey, costs you no money but requires work on *our* part.

Please provide our forum with this information, or I will treat your contest as spam and remove it from our site on Friday.

Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Another detail.
    When clicking on your site and browsing to the 3D art, I found that Fyrene's gallery on YOUR site is in fact theft of bandwidth from www.renderosity.com .
    Knowing Renderosity, it won't be long before they find out and, like Audre's (I love her art), your site will get the "bandwidth stolen from renderosity.com" message instead of images. You may well do something about it before you get this mark on your site.

E.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Actually, you are wrong. The images uploaded are given to my by Fyrene. We have an agreement for the images uploaded. And as for the link to her galleries, they are to renderosity...and isn't on my site whatsoever. So, no I'm not stealing the site. Being on renderosity, you know at the bottom of every artist's page, there is a link that you can add to your site. Given by Renderosity. Secondly, I work alot with Renderosity and they do know about the links. I do appreciate the concern and I am certain Renderosity would as well. But, what you thought is incorrect.

Gary, First I would have to say that it was suggested to me by Xara.com to present the information here for the site requests and information on the contest. If you are questionable of the motives, then delete the message. No problem here. Just trying to get the word out. $1500 software for a CD case isn't too bad in my opinion. Secondly, I am currently logged into the site under my screen name which IS registered with you, so if there is a script error, I don't know.

Hi, you know that Audre is one of Renderosity's most cherished artists; if not, just look at the response her work gets. Well, on her site (www.audres-attic.com) you can see that many of her images have been taken away by Renderosity and that they put the (yikes) "bandwidththeft from www.renderosity" graphic in its place.
    So I can only warn that this is done, and hope for you that you have an agreement with them. Personally I would be quite embarrassed if I saw this sign on my site.
    I hop you get a lot of good work and that the best one (the chosen one) gets the money. My suggestion: don't forget Audre! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

What you are referring to is if I were to steal Renderosity's html files. This isn't the case. Each artist gives me permission to post their work. Each image is uploaded to my site directly. The links to Renderosity is a courtesy link by me. No different than a banner ad. Renderosity is well aware of that. Once you click on the gallery link, it takes you to Renderosity, which has nothing to do with my site. The only thing on my site is a few images that were approved by the artist and the biography of that artist, as written by them. As for Audrie, I agree entirely. And I have already written her on the contest.

Nice to have ya at the forums CM! They're all friendly, really they are. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Don't let the odd 'welcoming' discourage ya. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

haha
    Thanks Earl. I can't complain. They are looking out for the best interests of the artists. I would do the same in their position. In reference to the bandwidth questions...I did in fact speak with Renderosity last night and was told as long as I was saving the images (uploaded to my site) and have the artists permission, they do not consider that as stealing bandwidth. It is no different than the artists sending me the pictures directly. Just for future references.