Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Renew the UpDate Service?

Hi Everybody,

I know I've seen this observation before, but could not find any references to it via the search function. So I'm going to repeat the inquiry again.

I recently reInstalled WDP (19) and once again, every time I start the program I get that suggestion:

Renew the UpDate Service

I'll click on the "Start Installation" button, which will immediately disappear ... until the next time I start the program.

What was the solution to rid myself of this step?
    Many Thanks,
    -Paul-
    If I wasn't so stupid, I wouldn't have to be so persistent.

Default Re: Renew the UpDate Service?

Beats me. But you can always try the tried and true Run as Administrator.

Close WDP. Then right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator.

You only need to do this once and it will either work (hallelujah) or it won't (*&^%$#@!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bruneau View Post
    Hi Everybody,

I know I've seen this observation before, but could not find any references to it via the search function. So I'm going to repeat the inquiry again.

I recently reInstalled WDP (19) and once again, every time I start the program I get that suggestion:

Renew the UpDate Service

I'll click on the "Start Installation" button, which will immediately disappear ... until the next time I start the program.

What was the solution to rid myself of this step?
    Have got the most recent version? Mine is Premium 19.0.0.64291 DL x64 May 3 2022 which is the latest version.

Help>About gives the version number.

I used to get that renew the update service messsage even though I had renewed it. It disappeared when I put the latest version of WDPremium on.

If you still have problems after updating to the latest version, try renaming the folder 'Online' to something like OnlineOLD.

You can find the folder at - C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\19

The downside is you will not be informed of any updates. You can manually check through Help > Check For Updates, or rename the folder back to Online for a while.

To be clear this is Magix asking for its Update Service executable to be updated; it is not to renew the Update Service subscription.
    Its path is probably C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\19\UPS\.

I have blocked such folders by renaming them as well as the ..\Online\ folder.

You don't get this noise with Xara Plus - no Magix involvement.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat