Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Regarding Ver. 22 — Am I missing something? I CAN'T FIND THESE!

So I get this update notification 3 days ago about the Ver. 22 update. I download and install. I'm blown away with the new UI. I love it! Finally...!
    How I waited to get rid of that old 'dated' one. Xara'x choice of shade color and the new icons is perfect... at least for my eyes. But in general, overall,
    they've done a lovely job... it's very nice. Comfortable to work with.Also:

Their announcement of 'things to come' sound fantasitic. One gets a sense that even 'they' seem excited... by the tone of the announement.

So here's my confusion... and question.

Is all of this an indication that Xara is, and will, continue support and growth of the desktop version? It seems that way, doesn't it?
    And if it IS proof of continued support, I'm having difficulty finding any posts showing at least 'some' appreciation and/or 'some' positive feedback.
    HHhmmmm. Maybe the seach function is malfunctioning.

What IS... still easy to find are all the negative, complaining Xara-bashing posts of the recent past how Xara is abandoning their users and the
    desktop version for the new 'online' app. Maybe the seach function is functioning well, but there are just no positive posts. Why? Gotta complaint???
    Does ANYONE... 'stand-corrected'???

Now I may be totally off base on all my thoughts but if I'm not... then I find it true what they about people being perfectly happy complaining,
    because it's cathartic. That they are perfectly happy complaining, whining and bitching, because it's their favourite pastime... and they have no intention
    of being constructive; but the attention they get (or think they get) is orgasmic for them.

Yes, I expect to hear that it's all in the name of "customer feedback"... and, "how's a company going to grow if they don't listen to their users..."
    and blah freakin' blah. Well, to a degree, those points may be valid... to a degree I said... but that's not what I'm really trying to resolve in my own
    mind here. What I'm lookin' for are those 'helpful' users offering something positive regarding the recent Xara updates & announcents.

So, if I just can't find, or have missed the posts... would someone be so kind to point me to them... I do so enjoy reading them.

Thank you
    Cliff
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

Default Re: Regarding Ver. 22 — Am I missing something? I CAN'T FIND THESE!

sorry, but I have to ask - was your post cathartic for you?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I seen that one comin' a mile away.... typical! I'm sure all were impressed with the 'clever' response.... I even saw you smile as you wrote that.

Xara has decided to gather its main products together under the one service, which will be Subscription.

Prior, you could only got Sub with Xara Designer Pro+ with Cloud+.

Xara has split out Cloud from Desktop Apps so you can go Cloud Plus with Xara Designer Pro+, (Cloud) with X Pro+, (Cloud) with Web Designer+, (Cloud) with Photo and graphic Designer+.
    Cloud is no longer a pre-requisite but it is useful as (Cloud) is free; Cloud Plus is not and best bundled with Xara Designer Pro+. Anything with a + or Plus is Subscription.

For the Magix suite, Xara has not promised to uplift to the same levels though it probably has to be done to keep the products all aligned.
    It is now a wait to see what Magix offers in uplifts and continuity as only it is offering a perpetual licence (use forever0 with an almost essential Upgrade Service annually.

There has never been a claim that Xara was abandoning the Desktop, just how the product was accessed and who was delivering.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    I seen that one comin' a mile away.... typical! I'm sure all were impressed with the 'clever' response.... I even saw you smile as you wrote that.
    look, you are complaing about others complaining - it is your right - i have no issue with it, anymore than with anyone else

but if you start saying things like :
    That they are perfectly happy complaining, whining and bitching, because it's their favourite pastime... and they have no intention
    of being constructive; but the attention they get (or think they get) is orgasmic for them.
    you have at the very least lost the high moral ground

I like the new interface, i have said so elsewhere; however it will not make me upgrade though, because xara took away the ability to merge multiple PDF's into one page - I accept their implicit explanation that they do not cater for the likes of me... I can get round it
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you Acorn for your 'helpful' reply. I know you do not need to hear this, but if it wasn't for your presense on this forum, it would have disappeared many moons ago...

As to... "There has never been a claim that Xara was abandoning the Desktop, just how the product was accessed and who was delivering."
    I politely disagree... there were many who ok, let's not say "claimed", but 'believed' and stated that it was so. I could produce multiple posts to such.
    But that wouldn't help matters. I made a/my point. This small thread can be closed or disappear as far as I'm concerened.

I got my orgasmic/cathartic post of my chest.... (handrawn) LOL

you are welcome
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    look, you are complaing about others complaining - it is your right - i have no issue with it, anymore than with anyone else

but if you start saying things like :

you have at the very least lost the high moral ground

I like the new interface, i have said so elsewhere; however it will not make me upgrade though, because xara took away the ability to merge multiple PDF's into one page - I accept their implicit explanation that they do not cater for the likes of me... I can get round it
    LOL you know me obvious (handrawn) answer, don't you? LOL
    b'bye

never crossed my mind
    Nothing lasts forever...