Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default HELP! variant problem

I'm at my wits end.

I have a website with 3 variants: wide, main, mobile. I added a page and inserted a widget. It shows up on main and mobile, but on the wide variant, the placeholder box comes up very small and won't load, on any browser. If I minimize the browser to the main variant size, the widget shows up perfect. Same if I minimize to mobile size. I've checked everything over and over. The widget is on the same layer on every variant (mouseoff). I even redid the whole page for all variants and still it won't display on the wide variant.

Here is the link: https://lpscu.com/my-mortgage.htm

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Default Re: HELP! variant problem

Hi Horse3farm,
    Forms across variants always cause issues. All the code for the site is served on loading. When you alter the browser the script id's are not updated.
    Try placing the form in a seperate web folder and load that page within a placeholder.

EDIT: I don't think this will work in this case as it's a log-in form presumably required to enter the site. Perhaps you could create three identical but seperate forms with different ID's? placed within the 3 variants?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hey Vicky.

The only correct method is to code and move the same form and its entries dynamically into the displayed Main or Variant.
    It is code so not for the novice: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ot-Solved-quot.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hey Gary!! There has to be a way to fix this. I did the same thing on another site and it loads perfectly. Although, that design is not one of Xara's "wide" ones.

It loads perfectly WHEN the browser is altered. This is a widget supplied by the vendor.

I can't remember if it's with an i or a y.

I've been out of web stuff for quite some time so I am not really able to help out here. I just saw a familiar member name.