Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XDP Pro+ Update

Default Re: XDP Pro+ Update

Does anyone know, if this update can be undone?

Thanking you in advance.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I agree, we're naturally averse to change - but once we're used to something new, looking back at something old does show that there was an improvement

Except with Microsoft Office 2010. I loved those colourful icons, and really miss them. Sure, Office 365's new ribbon and most of the changes are nice, but since Office 2013 went all monochrome and newer versions regained only a little of the colour, I do still miss Office 2010 - nearly ten years on.

I don't know, but I wonder if it's because I'm naturally short sighted, and while I wear glasses almost all of the time, that when I don't have my glasses, I rely on colour to identify things. No idea if there's any truth in that, but it's something I heard on the radio once and it didn't sound wrong!

For Xara Designer Pro+ v22, it's less than a day in, far too early to say if I like it or not. It's different, that's all I can say. I only have Full HD screens but I'm sure on higher resolution screens, the all hi-res interface looks great, no matter if it's "only" the new monochrome.
    Human brains associate when looking, hearing, touching or smelling, imo you're right.
    Developers make these mistakes often by making things just one color but it is bad user experience because we have to keep looking for the right tool(tip) or gain muscle memory by using shortkeys.
    But then we have to set up each similar program to have the same shortkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Just updated XDP Pro+ to 22.0.0.64793

And the the whole interface has become black.
    Can't say I like it one bit.
    Worst still, the tools have all become mono-colour.
    Why???

I suppose millions of users asked for it. Yeah?!
    I wonder, was this update beta tested? And if so, what was the testers' input? That whole process seems to have taken place under the radar. As usual, I should add, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Worst still, the tools have all become mono-colour.
    Why???

I suppose millions of users asked for it. Yeah?!
    could it be because that is how it is in adobe illustrator ? - and if so maybe it is the 'accepted norm' in xara's target markets where illustrator is also used

that said, affinity has colour icons... maybe affinity wants to look different, maybe xara does not [any more]...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

In Affinity you can change the colored icons into monochrom too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mono-Icons.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	132439

thanks ernie, that had passed me by

I actually like the new xara interface so far.... not enough to take out a sub, but the full HDPI is an improvement...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    maybe it is the 'accepted norm' in xara's target markets where illustrator is also used
    LOL have you seen the weekly live webinars that Xara put out ("Learn How to Use Xara like a PRO"), and all of their website's SEO keyword stuffing?

Xara's target market is the person in a real estate agent's office who has to put together details on property.

Name:	Real Estate.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	132440

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    LOL have you seen the weekly live webinars that Xara put out ("Learn How to Use Xara like a PRO"), and all of their website's SEO keyword stuffing?
    Xara's target market is the person in a real estate agent's office who has to put together details on property.
    Daniel, you overlook the captured evangelical world.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have not seen the webinars...

However xara declares itself Trusted by teams of all shapes and sizes:

Name:	2022-07-21 12_04_06-Web and Graphic Design Software _ Xara Cloud — Mozilla Firefox.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	132441

keller williams are in the estate agent business, but as for the others...?

Xara is into corporate branding, from logo to website; this is traditionally done in vector where possible to acommodate scaling of material, traditionally done in agency or in house with illustrator...

I have no idea about why the specifically real estate section at the bottom of their website page is there, did wonder myself
    Last edited by handrawn; 21 July 2022 at 01:15 PM. Reason: i too declare
    Nothing lasts forever...

It's sad that xara doesn't communicate with us here in the forum. In fact, they don't communicate at all!

It would certainly also be interesting for Xara how and what professional graphic designers do with their software.
    Furthermore, it would certainly be good for Xara to know how we would see our tool improved and which functions we need for our daily work.

But that remains a dream.