The official launch is detailed here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...creative-tools

I will try and decode what has just passed.

• Xara is breaking off from Magix products and support for:
    • (Magix) Designer Pro X (XDPX) ==> Xara Designer Pro+
    • (Magix) Web Designer Premium ==> Xara Web Designer+
    • (Magix) Photo & Graphic Designer ==> Xara Photo & Graphic Designer+

• All will now be accessed on a Subscription. Monthly cost but paid Annually. Currencies - USD/EUR/GBP with the same numeric value:
    • 16.99/m - Xara Cloud+ - bundles in Xara Designer Pro+ with Xara Cloud Pro
    • 14.99/m - Xara Designer Pro+
    • 12.99/m - Xara Cloud Pro - Purely on-line. Expensive route for non-Windows users.
    • 9.99/m - Xara Web Designer+
    • 6.99/m - Xara Photo & Graphic Designer+
    • 0.00/m - Xara Cloud - free sign up. Why? You can manipulate PDF content.

• Xara is offering an early starter discount of 40% with EARLYBIRD07
    • ​This might be perpetual.
    • I would first try the 50% LIFETIME discount; this is perpetual.

• All Magix products may no longer be updated.
    • At best, Xara has deemed them "Legacy Products" with "Yearly Upgrade - Simple improvements & fixes".
    • (Magix) Page & Layout Designer 11 is 32-bit and moribund.
    • Xara 3D Maker is also 32-bit and unchanged for years.
    • (Magix) Web Designer (not Premium) seems not to be on sale any more.
    • I thnk https://www.magix.com/us/sale/ will be Magix's penultimate version. I may be wrong.

• Comparative Costs
    • Xara will have costed the discount against the Magix Update Service redone annually so costs will be comparable (Xara doesn't have to pay Magix for Support or their sales cut).
    • If you can afford it, buy into the Magix Update Service before switching into Xara+.
    • You then have the latest Magix offering that is around 6 months behind but it is a perpetual licence.
    • If you drop Xara+ for any reason, you lose product access as you are on subscription. The Magix product would be your fall-back.

I have been an early, early starter with Xara Cloud+. It has been a joy to not be Magix-nagged and the updates are there, without roll-back, until you stop subscribing.
Xara has realised not everyone needs its Cloud Suite (Xara Cloud Pro+ with Xara Designer Pro+) as the introduction of the cheaper Creative Tools is most useful, especially if you throw in the free Xara Cloud.
Xara Cloud (plain, Pro or +) does not (yet) have the capabilities of the desktop applications. This may never come, despite it being cited early on.

I on the lookout for the hyped:
  • User-inspired roadmap & product delivery. TG has been trying in "inspire" for almost two decades. I suggest Xara could integrate Xara 3D Maker 7 or bundle for free.
  • Xara ecosystem. At further cost?
  • Access learning resources, webinars (tick), and documentation. The promised off-line PDF Help manual would be nice.

Acorn

Note: I have no association with Xara GmbH.