Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: FINALLY! THE NEW INTERFACE I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR... THANKS XARA

I’m not minding the new UI. Perhaps my imagination but the UI seems a little faster. I’m going to switch my tool tips on again.

I’m hoping that the on line manual will explain the change in the button situation. I’m gathering that folks new to the program find it easier to find the mouse-over layer on the same layer as mouse off. I’m going to keeping check that manual.

The new button content is a convenience. Might be a problem constructing your own nav barns as @acorn delved into on another thread.

All in all a slicker updated design for Pro+. Reminds me a lot of Affinity. I do think they’ve taken a step forward in Pro+ And that bodes well for those of us in the stand alone world.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Waited to see if there was a way to switch to the old coloured icons whilst keeping the dark grey theme. But no. This new UI is pants. Xara trying to keep up with the Joneses again instead of thinking of the existing user base. So it's back to the old XaraX light grey UI.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Hey Frank! Good to see you pop in.

Good of you to stop by BF... how many years is it now

I grew to like the new UI but I dropped the subscription anyway c'est la vie

when I tried the light grey UI with pro+ I found the P&G gallery unworkable, due to the illegibility of every other line ie the alternating dark background bar....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: THE NEW SHITE INTERFACE I HAVE NOT BEEN WAITING FOR...

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hey Frank! Good to see you pop in.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    when I tried the light grey UI with pro+ I found the P&G gallery unworkable, due to the illegibility of every other line ie the alternating dark background bar....

Back to the crappy b/w UI and I'll just have to put up with it. I too stopped paying Magix years ago.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.