Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default FINALLY! THE NEW INTERFACE I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR... THANKS XARA

Well, so much for Xara doing away with desktop pro....!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-07-20_09-33-44.png 
Views:	201 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	132430
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

Default Re: FINALLY! THE NEW INTERFACE I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR... THANKS XARA

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    Well, so much for Xara doing away with desktop pro....!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-07-20_09-33-44.png 
Views:	201 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	132430

@MB365, Matt I note that the Selector Bounding Box now hugs the object outline down to around 20%.
    This is far better - thank you.

Still a FAIL on the Mould Control ends disappearing and the inability to Tab round the controls or do any of the actions that would make this better.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Here is the link I found https://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/whats-new/
    It states WHAT'S NEW IN DESIGNER PRO
    Latest Updates: Designer Pro+ July 2022: Designer Pro X March 2022. You can find a summary of our latest updates below, with more details in our Release Notes.
    You'll automatically receive all the latest Designer Pro+ updates if you have an active Pro+ subscription purchased direct from Xara.
    If you own Designer Pro X you can download the latest updates if you have an active Update Service purchased from our retail partner Magix. I have Designer Prox not plus with active active Update Service, where do I download this? Is it just the trial download?

Also, on this link: https://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/buy/ , it looks like I would have to get a credit from sales, then subscribe to the desktop product. Still seems like a subscription to me. More info is appreciated!
    Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post
    Here is the link I found https://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/whats-new/
    It states WHAT'S NEW IN DESIGNER PRO
    Latest Updates: Designer Pro+ July 2022: Designer Pro X March 2022. You can find a summary of our latest updates below, with more details in our Release Notes.
    You'll automatically receive all the latest Designer Pro+ updates if you have an active Pro+ subscription purchased direct from Xara.
    If you own Designer Pro X you can download the latest updates if you have an active Update Service purchased from our retail partner Magix.

I have Designer Prox not plus with active active Update Service, where do I download this? Is it just the trial download?
    Also, on this link: https://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/buy/ , it looks like I would have to get a credit from sales, then subscribe to the desktop product. Still seems like a subscription to me. More info is appreciated!
    Nancy
    Nancy,the trial link(s) are in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...creative-tools.

Xara is very helpful for those crossing over.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

My problem with new user interface is that the contrast is very low making it very difficult to see, dark grey on black is impossible to see.
    With rectangle coordinates I have to look very closely at as a number 1 is barely readable.
    I could not see why it had to change.

maybe your monitor needs calibrating/adjusting ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

My problem with new user interface is that the contrast is very low making it very difficult to see, dark grey on black is impossible to see.
    Having worked for many hours with the new interface on a 4K monitor since the release I think that on many monitors the value differences are going to be really difficult to distinguish. I have used a Xara product since 1996 so I am familiar with the interface and know where everything is. But I feel that new users are going to have a hard time. The icons/buttons are smaller, at least on my monitor, than the previous version and the lack of color makes it harder to determine one from the other.

on my monitor, which is calibrated, the contrast is about the same as affinity and harmony ...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Not a great lover of this new interface, I find it very bland. In fact I'd prefer Xara stop messing about on the UI and develop better vector apps but that's a cry we've been hearing for years.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host