Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Designer Pro is Changing - could this splash screen be any unclearer??

nice summary acorn - I did not know they were cutting loose from magix - what is the situation with the activation servers for magix products, any idea?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Designer Pro is Changing - could this splash screen be any unclearer??

Malwarebytes just flagged my install of Pro+ 22
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Malware warning.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	132433  

Gary, what joy!

I have 26 other versions of this file on my system, as will you.
    My AV does not flag any as malicious but previously noted three for deeper inspection.

Probably a false positive.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Yes, that's what I understand too. One thing you could add... you suggest taking a Magix subscription to have a fallback "if you can afford it", well, it looks like Xara would give you a discount if you did... last question at the bottom of this page
    I want Designer Pro+ but I have an active update service.
    We will discount what you paid for the update service from the Designer Pro+ price. On top of that, we offer discounts for Desktop customers.
    Contact us here to evaluate your case and get an offer from us.
    Daniel, most might not understand the nuance behind that ploy. I would never publicly endorse it as legally I think you would be breaking the EULA and you would have to manually regress to your prior version. I am happy to leave it to Xara and Magix to fisticuff over it. I might even pay per view.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    nice summary acorn - I did not know they were cutting loose from magix - what is the situation with the activation servers for magix products, any idea?
    handrawn, this is my pure speculation. I believe the MagiXara agreement has passed its Use Before Date.

Regarding the activation and on-line content servers and Xara hosting that clearly would have to be negotiated. Xara Pro+ OCC access is content catalog (xara.com). Tyhis is still version 18 content access, albeit with a v22 flavour. If the Magix servers go, this goes.

Acorn

I am more concerned about activation of the magix program itself on another build/computer....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I am more concerned about activation of the magix program itself on another build/computer....
    handrawn, I understand this.
    What you have to do is think back to what happened when Magix took over. All my purchased licences gained Registration Dates of 27 October 2017.

I might add 26 October 2022 to my calendar.
    You never know.

Acorn

indeed
    Nothing lasts forever...

The new icons are harder to read and some are just about visible the contrast is appalling, it also appears that text is smaller the X and Y coordinates for a object are so vague have to get close to screen to read even then a 1 is washed out. The previous coordinates were put on a white background.

I also had trouble updating reporting that could not delete a file till I closed the program during the download stage.