Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Designer Pro is Changing - could this splash screen be any unclearer??

Anyone else getting this? It says "see whats' new' but the link does not work, and I've no idea what they are talking about Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara is changing.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	132429

Default Re: Designer Pro is Changing - could this splash screen be any unclearer??

Quote Originally Posted by Turan Mirza View Post
    Anyone else getting this? It says "see whats' new' but the link does not work, and I've no idea what they are talking about Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara is changing.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	132429
    This should be fixed and Pro+ v22 update is available.

Default Re: Designer Pro is Changing - could this splash screen be any unclearer??

Yes. I've already posted my very confused thoughts on another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Yes. I've already posted my very confused thoughts on another thread.
    Sorry, missed that - where is that thread?

Here's a side by side with Pro+ 22 and ProX 18.

The new interface for Pro+ is darker and the tool icons are gray and white except the selected tool.

Happy to note that my custom toolbar remains intact.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comparrison.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	157.2 KB 
ID:	132431  

What *IS* new?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	400.1 KB 
ID:	132432

The "See what's new" button links to... a comparison between a Pro+ subscription and older products? Trying to sell me... the product I'm already subscribed to, and using?

Nice grey background, the monochrome toolbar will take some getting used to... truly I see nothing else different. I'm sure there's something - if only the link worked to show what they were!

it's not trying to sell you anything [for a change] just telling you that there is a new UI which you will now get, like it or not; the rest is fluff
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    it's not trying to sell you anything [for a change]
    I think that I found something new. I don't think they sold Designer Pro+ without the Cloud system before. If you select "Creative tools" at https://www.xara.com/pricing/ you see prices for Xara Designer Pro+ without the cloud service, for a price which is less than whatever they call the bundle of the two things

I have two users though, and it's cheaper to have one "Team" licence than two Designer-only subscriptions... and Team licences only come with desktop+cloud, so, no difference - except perhaps the name of the product on the next renewal invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I think that I found something new. I don't think they sold Designer Pro+ without the Cloud system before. If you select "Creative tools" at https://www.xara.com/pricing/ you see prices for Xara Designer Pro+ without the cloud service, for a price which is less than whatever they call the bundle of the two things

I have two users though, and it's cheaper to have one "Team" licence than two Designer-only subscriptions... and Team licences only come with desktop+cloud, so, no difference - except perhaps the name of the product on the next renewal invoice.
    Daniel, her is my take on the announcement: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...e-of-Xara-Plus.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Daniel, her is my take on the announcement: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...e-of-Xara-Plus.

Acorn
    Yes, that's what I understand too. One thing you could add... you suggest taking a Magix subscription to have a fallback "if you can afford it", well, it looks like Xara would give you a discount if you did... last question at the bottom of this page

I want Designer Pro+ but I have an active update service.
    We will discount what you paid for the update service from the Designer Pro+ price. On top of that, we offer discounts for Desktop customers.
    Contact us here to evaluate your case and get an offer from us.