Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro+ : Version 22 : Another option?

I'm getting popups stating that Version 22 of Pro+ is available to buy. My version 21.9 tells me it is already up-to-date. The improvements listed for v22 seem marginal. Am I missing something?

Why would I want to spend more money on this? I'm reasonably happy with what I've got.

Default Re: Designer Pro+ : Version 22 : Another option?

my impression is that you have to renew with the + versions of xara product anyway, otherwise they stop working [as opposed to the magix distributed versions]

so it may be that the notice is informative
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, handrawn, I believe you are correct. I think I took out a subscription with Xara for Pro+ just so I could be up-to-date and that it was similar in cost to upgrading Pro X every year. Unfortunately I can't find the right web location to see just how much I'm paying at the moment - I've already wasted too much time on this. I did find my 'subscription' with Magix for Pro X is still current. Maybe I should go back to using it?

The new version 22 of Pro+ seems to be a 'final' product "No More Versions - The Ultimate One - Forever latest and greatest" and they want me to pay £14.99 a month which I believe is significantly more than what I've paid in the past. If it is a finished product with no more updates why do I need to subscribe to use it?

Am I too cynical or are Magix/Xara just trying to confuse? They're doing a good job!

Has anyone any advice? I use XDP all the time and don't want to have to change to a different product.

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Yes, handrawn, I believe you are correct. I think I took out a subscription with Xara for Pro+ just so I could be up-to-date and that it was similar in cost to upgrading Pro X every year. Unfortunately I can't find the right web location to see just how much I'm paying at the moment - I've already wasted too much time on this. I did find my 'subscription' with Magix for Pro X is still current. Maybe I should go back to using it?

The new version 22 of Pro+ seems to be a 'final' product "No More Versions - The Ultimate One - Forever latest and greatest" and they want me to pay £14.99 a month which I believe is significantly more than what I've paid in the past. If it is a finished product with no more updates why do I need to subscribe to use it?

Am I too cynical or are Magix/Xara just trying to confuse? They're doing a good job!

Has anyone any advice? I use XDP all the time and don't want to have to change to a different product.
    Hi Ian,
    There was an issue with the noticeboards....v22 update for pro+ is available.

thanks for clarification matt
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...