Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default You need to be online to use this feature - I am online. Why is this happening?

You need to be online to use this feature - I am online. Why is this happening?

I have a paid for subscription, but it has started giving me this message when I try to use any online assets.

Having said that, I have no difficulty saving online to One Drive.

What is happening and is their a fix?

Ken

Default Re: You need to be online to use this feature - I am online. Why is this happening?

Ken, you have XDPX flagged as your Magix product. What version? Is it within the Update Service active period? When did you renew?

The answer may well have to be raising a Ticket through Magix - link in my signature block.
    Magix sometime mangles the registration mechanism and only it can reset.

In the meantime, try running your XDA once as Administrator. It might help.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: You need to be online to use this feature - I am online. Why is this happening?

My update was 11 March 2022. But now it won't even let me update, either on my laptop or my PC. I have used Xara for over 20 years, this is the first time this has happened, but certainly not now getting what I am paying for.

I have just tried running it as administrator and it isn't making any difference. I am complete locked out. My subscription is only four months old.

what version is it [as acorn asked] - there are known issues with version 18/19
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@kengaskell

You need to be online to use this feature
    What feature?

Please post a screen shot of exactly what you see.

...but it has started giving me this message when I try to use any online assets

Did you already download the asset and you get a message indicating that you can't use it?

We can't see your screen.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Designer Pro Message.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	132451Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Designer Pro Message.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	132451

This is the message I get, but I am online and I am able to save to One Drive etc, but I can't access any Xara online material, including updates.
    Last edited by kengaskell; 22 July 2022 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Adding text

Do you have a (software) firewall that might be preventing Xara Designer Pro X from accessing the internet?

Your computer could be online, and you could access OneDrive [via the OneDrive app or Windows Explorer having permission to access the internet] but if a firewall is preventing the Xara software from asking for anything from the internet, it'd think that it was offline.

Ken, I have already advised you need to raise this with Magix.

You have still not advised your version: Help > About detail can be copied.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat