Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: MOBILE VARIANT ODDITY

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I was confused by your statement 'Auto Fit is not on, and It's set to "Don't Scale" on the export page'; v19 doesn't have an Auto Fit and you said you couldn't see STFW, which is in the same block on the Dialog. I therefore assumed you were using an earlier version.

v19 does have a Scale to Screen but only for transition sites. You have a Website so that option cannot be enabled.

The reason I have been asking about STFW, is sometimes the shown minimum value ends up greater that the actual page width after the option has been deselected.
    This can cause display problems until STFW is reselected and the value entered to be greater than the shown minimum before it is again deselected.

Have the other sites been recompiled in v19? Otherwise there is no point in comparing.

Acorn
    No. Other the other sites were designed with the prevalent version at the time. Some have been opened, and re-saved, in 19, but not all. V19 does have "Auto Fit To Page". That's for objects though, and I've never screwed with that. In the "Scale to fit" section of the export page, I am actually able to enable, and set the width, but jacked it all the way of to 1600, and it didn't change a thing.
    Last edited by edmiston99; 18 July 2022 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edmiston99 View Post
    No. Other sites designed with the prevalent version at the time.
    Then I have run out of ideas.

Create a new design with just one page with the same settings and check if it acts the same.
    If so, upload it here.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,

I am trying to follow along with this thread and I can not find where this scale to fit width option set at in V19? I can not locate it and the help file is of no help for this.

Ray

I have Pro X v19 - maybe a picture with the dialogues boxes will help?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scale-to-fit-Width.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	132427
    Last edited by Initiostar; 19 July 2022 at 01:34 PM.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Acorn,
    I am trying to follow along with this thread and I can not find where this scale to fit width option set at in V19? I can not locate it and the help file is of no help for this.
    Ray
    Ray, for Help, try this: https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...xport_tab.html:
    As an alternative use the Scale to Fit Width option to make your website or web document scale to fit the width of the browser or device screen it's being viewed on.You can specify a maximum width to avoid your content looking too inflated on very large screens. If the viewing device is wider than the page, the page zooms/scales up so it just fits. If the viewing device is narrower than the page, the page content zooms/scales down so it will fit with no need for horizontal scrollbars.
    @Initiostar diagram is the more useful.

In Gary's example the crossover is at (1200 + 480) / 2 or 840px.
    The site grows up to a maximum width of 1200px.
    If Gary had set the STFW at 1600px then the site would grow to 1600px across at 100% browser viewing and then stop [Stretch items do continue].
    In other words, it would scale Variant: [1, 1.75] and Main: [0.7, 1.33].
    For a 1200px wide Main, I would chose a Variant of 600px as the scaling range is better balanced: V[0.8, 1.5] & M[0.75, 1.33] from 480 to 1600px browser widths.

My personal preference is M1440 & V720.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat