Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MOBILE VARIANT ODDITY

I've created quite a few sites with mobile variants, and they all display the mobile variant on my mobile phone regardless of phone orientation (vertical or horizontal). One, however, (and only this one) displays the mobile variant when vertical, and the main site when horizontal. I'm using a Note 20 Ultra, but the other sites are mobile, whichever orientation, on this phone. Only the one site seems go back-and-forth when you spin the phone.

https://www.kungfushihtzugrooming.com

Any ideas why?

Default Re: MOBILE VARIANT ODDITY

What comes to mind is that the 'rebelling' site's variants might have different sizes from those of the other sites.

As you have Scale to Fit Width,you need to check the page Widths and the STFW maximum width

For my phone, the switch is exactly what I would want expect.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    What comes to mind is that the 'rebelling' site's variants might have different sizes from those of the other sites.
    Standard 480

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    As you have Scale to Fit Width,you need to check the page Widths and the STFW maximum width

For my phone, the switch is exactly what I would want expect.

Acorn
    My question would then be: why are none of the other sites that I've designed doing this? Oh, and STFW?

Quote Originally Posted by edmiston99 View Post
    My question would then be: why are none of the other sites that I've designed doing this? Oh, and STFW?
    Scale to Fit Width. I had mentioned.

Why? Possibly because your settings are different or you checked on a different device at time of first testing.

Variant you have is 480px.
    Main is 1000px (at a guess).
    You cross-over is therefore 740px, which I have just checked for.
    Tell us if your STFW setting is anything less than 1000px.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Scale to Fit Width. I had mentioned.

Why? Possibly because your settings are different or you checked on a different device at time of first testing.

Variant you have is 480px.
    Main is 1000px (at a guess).
    You cross-over is therefore 740px, which I have just checked for.
    Tell us if your STFW setting is anything less than 1000px.

Acorn
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-18 104220.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	132422

I don't know where to find the STFW setting, but I have the settings set the same as all others websites I've made as far as I know. I change the width of the page on the main, but never on the mobile variant. Auto Fit is not on, and It's set to "Don't Scale" on the export page.

I understand now.
    You have quite an old version.

If you are changing Main then the crossover will vary.

Here you had Main at 1000 so the crossover is half of 480 + 1000.
    Your other sites are changing differently as they have different Main widths.

Acorn

I understand now.
    You have quite an old version.

If you are changing Main then the crossover will vary.

Here you had Main at 1000 so the crossover is half of 480 + 1000.
    Your other sites are changing differently as they have different Main widths.

Acorn
    I have an old version of what? I have Xara Web Designer Premium 19. Also, I went to one of my websites that has the main set to 960, and it shows the mobile variant when my phone is horizontal also. This is not to mention that pages I've designed with the main set at 1260 show the mobile variant when horizontal. I'm not finding a correlation between the width of the main, and the STFW.
    Last edited by edmiston99; 18 July 2022 at 06:43 PM.

I was confused by your statement 'Auto Fit is not on, and It's set to "Don't Scale" on the export page'; v19 doesn't have an Auto Fit and you said you couldn't see STFW, which is in the same block on the Dialog. I therefore assumed you were using an earlier version.

v19 does have a Scale to Screen but only for transition sites. You have a Website so that option cannot be enabled.

The reason I have been asking about STFW, is sometimes the shown minimum value ends up greater that the actual page width after the option has been deselected.
    This can cause display problems until STFW is reselected and the value entered to be greater than the shown minimum before it is again deselected.

Have the other sites been recompiled in v19? Otherwise there is no point in comparing.

Acorn