Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Effect fun!

Default Effect fun!

My Pro+ subscription, for me is very solid. I’ve been fooling around with effects. For learning purposes I’m trying to recreate a number of effects on this site. https://www.apple.com/iphone-13-pro/. I hope I can post that link.

I’ve figured out most. Lots of parallaxs and such. The one that most intrigues me is the fade in and out of diagonals. The white lettering lights up. That I can do without and is achieved by fades, but the diagonals are interesting. Heavy on the JavaScript I’d imagine.

Just a summer project for the dog days of summer. Thanks everyone interested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8E904EB5-A039-4278-BFBD-69CAD2E63380.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	132404
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Effect fun!

It's always a good learning experience to look at something like the Apple site (and their web design is always cutting edge) and try to figure out how to recreate some of the effects.

I keep hoping that Xara will add a reverse for the effects so you can have an object fade in and then fade out. Etc.

I just looked at the website and thought (Still have questions? Just ask.) - When will it ever end?

@Bill - the site's JS code is probably about 1000x more than what i might use, and probably its budget.
    Nonetheless, if you were to isolate out a particular effect and ask for its Xara alternative, that would make a good TG Challenge.

For your example, it would be moderately simple for anime.js to scroll text to White and have moving diagonal aurorae.

Interesting how much effort it takes to get the the hard information, especially around Cookies.
    Not a fan.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I’m trying to recreate a number of effects on this site. https://www.apple.com/iphone-13-pro/.
    I can't understand why you'd wish to recreate such a site Bill.

I find it very very difficult to navigate, in fact it appears to operate on scrolling alone, which may be better on a mobile but on a desktop/laptop is very mess. There appears to be no sensible navigation to individual sections of the site, just endless sickening scrolling.

Am I missing something?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@egg. Certainly not creating a site like this. I’m just practicing and drilling down on some of the effects they use. Far and away to many bells and whistles for my age and
    I just plopped down an empty page with some text and a few blocks with some pictures of my cat, and a logo from Joes garage and fooled around and tried to duplicate some effects with Xara.
    Summer project egg. Certainly not a problem. As @acorn mentioned I should have put in the challenge section.

By the way, the site is even more confusing on an iPad. I sure miss Gary’s Xara zone. Maybe my summer project would be best served learning javascript.

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Maybe my summer project would be best served learning javascript. -Bill
    Bill, my anime.js series will be perfect for you then.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat