Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I have to mass delete something....

I have a family website built with Xara that has 100's of pages. It was built by a relative who is now 89 and can't maintain it anymore. We all agree that the theme song that plays whenever you open a page causes problems and is annoying. So, I'd like to remove the audio player from every page if possible. Is there anyway of doing it without doing it manually?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-30 16.23.53.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	133899

Default Re: I have to mass delete something....

As your website is password-protected, the quickest method is to locate the MP3 and overwrite it with a very short one that is totally silent, keeping the same filename.
    This should be a single file in the index_htm(l)_files folder.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    As your website is password-protected, the quickest method is to locate the MP3 and overwrite it with a very short one that is totally silent, keeping the same filename.
    This should be a single file in the index_htm(l)_files folder.

Acorn
    That's doable. But how do I get rid of the image itself from every page?

Do you have access to Xara .xar or .web file? It could be the audio player is set to 'repeat on all pages'. If it is, if you select it on one page & delete it may ask if you 'want to delete on this page or all pages' select all and republish.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by trnhockey View Post
    That's doable. But how do I get rid of the image itself from every page?
    Make a box the same colour as the background and place over the player.
    Set to Repeat on every page. At this point, you might realise this is getting messy.

I assume that when you select the player that is does not show as a Repeating Object?
    Your update detail surely is Repeat on every page?
    If it does, just press the Delete key and accept for all pages.

I don't, however, see the problem in editing it off every page. I do this for clients with over a hundred pages. Usually when adding or changing Variants
    Boring but if something is not designed correctly, you have to just bite down.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Make a box the same colour as the background and place over the player.
    Set to Repeat on every page. At this point, you might realise this is getting messy.

I assume that when you select the player that is does not show as a Repeating Object?
    Your update detail surely is Repeat on every page?
    If it does, just press the Delete key and accept for all pages.

I don't, however, see the problem in editing it off every page. I do this for clients with over a hundred pages. Usually when adding or changing Variants
    Boring but if something is not designed correctly, you have to just bite down.

Acorn
    Thank-you Acorn. Yes, they didn't use "repeat on all pages" so I removed it manually from each page as you suggested.

A pain but a worthy task.

Acorn