Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Using svg animations

Having fun at present experimenting with svg (vector) animations and including them in xara pages.

Here's one I've created which shows the fantastic possibilities of svg animation. To be honest my example is quite sickening but does give an idea of the possibilities of svg, and the one doesn't repeat due to the various timeline lengths of each animation.

Kudos to Acorn who helped me on some of Xaras svg fobles.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Using svg animations

Indeed, quite sickening to look at but showing very promising capabilities.

What about a tut?

Thanks Boy. I use svgator to create my svg animations and I'd willingly do a tutorial but unless any other members use that software it may be very limited
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Okay, never mind, Egg. I thought this animation was created using code as demonstrated by you, Acorn and others in other threads. To be honest, I only followed those with half an eye.

I had a play with SVGator & anime.js - if you regularly create animations, SVGator Lite (USD 11 pm) looks worthwhile; if you are comfortable with some coding anime.js is good too (I followed the TG anime.js threads).

There is though quite a lot you can do with standard Xara animations, particularly when you use different animation delays to sequence visibility - never used Xara 3D Maker so I cannot compare.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Yes Gary, I too watched and experimented using Acorns anime.js
    Again I prefer software that allows me to view the outcome visually rather than the anime effect that relies on entering values which are difficult to understand the effects until viewed.
    As for Xara animations they are fine but limited. Often the maximum length is very restrictive and there's no reverse animation.
    Egg