Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default rectangle shows up on slideshow

I built a website from a template (XT128) and for some reason, a thin line of a rectangle show up on the slide show. Do you see it?

http://www.longviewtrinitylutheran.com/swws-exp-b/

When I export it, I have troubles with the first photo exporting as something like 6436.jpg instead of slide01.jpg. I have to go in and rename it

Let me know if you want me to upload the original web document.

Thanks

Default Re: rectangle shows up on slideshow

Quote Originally Posted by Poouster View Post
    Let me know if you want me to upload the original web document.
    Might be the easiest way to pinpoint the issue.

Poouster, you previously provided a cutdown version of your design.
    in that there is a Sticky, Full width Stretch, Repeating Group Line.
    To highlight it, click-drag from just under the menu items to just into the carousel Slider placeholder, the full width of the page. Do then check in the Page and Layer gallery.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Poouster, you previously provided a cutdown version of your design.
    in that there is a Sticky, Full width Stretch, Repeating Group Line.
    To highlight it, click-drag from just under the menu items to just into the carousel Slider placeholder, the full width of the page. Do then check in the Page and Layer gallery.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn!

I didn't see anything when I did this. I made changes since my previous "cutdown" so I'm attaching a recent one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Info Re: rectangle shows up on slideshow

Still the same line and still there:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Here it is.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	132390

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Still the same line and still there:

Name:	Here it is.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	132390

Acorn
    So...am I to understand this is a bug or something and I need to click on one of those links to fix? I'm not using a cloud for Xara. I have it on my computer.

Wait!...Sorry. I guess that was an ad. I clicked on your attachment and what I see makes more sense. Thanks

Are there some stray unwanted repeating groups just under the NavBar?

Name:	Stray Groups.PNG 
Views:	30 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	132395

slide01 has lost the required names - if you add these the WOW slider should work OK. It should have the same names as slide02, 03 & 04

Name:	slide01_missing name_add slide01.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	132396

I have checked this for Pro X v19, but cannot tell if it works in WD or Pro + File >> swws-XT128-c-cutdown_fix.xar
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Are there some stray unwanted repeating groups just under the NavBar?

Name:	Stray Groups.PNG 
Views:	30 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	132395

slide01 has lost the required names - if you add these the WOW slider should work OK. It should have the same names as slide02, 03 & 04

Name:	slide01_missing name_add slide01.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	132396

I have checked this for Pro X v19, but cannot tell if it works in WD or Pro + File >> swws-XT128-c-cutdown_fix.xar
    Thank you. I'll check this.

@Initiostar, seems i was down the wrong rabbit-hole. I did not see any picture missing as I had opened the second file into the same Xara web server instance so an image01.jpg was already in memory!
    I was looking for "a thin line of a rectangle show up on the slide show", not a missing image.

Ah well.

@Poouster
    To get everything corrected, working across different XDA versions, you need to do the following:
    Include the special Name UsesJQuery added once to any design object; at present you are trying to use jQuery function calls with it being there.
    On the slider page, check the Web Properties > Image > Image Filename is set to the actual filenames you are using for the pictures. Omit any file extension. We'll call each <image_filename> from now on.
    If your XDA does not have Image Filenaming, you need to add them into the Names section, picture by picture. This time, the format is filename=<image_filename>.jpg. Do this regardless (belt and braces).
    Finally, in the Page HTML Code Body, check each HTML <li> tag has matching detail similar to src="index_htm_files/<image_filename>.jpg" alt="This detail describes in words what <image_filename> is showing" title="A useful Headline for <image_filename>". Be as detailed as you can be in Accessibility detailing else those with poor acuity will be left guessing.

Acorn

Thank you Acorn. Right now, most of this is over my head, but I will work on this until I understand better. If that never happens, can I hire somebody to fix this?