Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: rectangle shows up on slideshow

Quote Originally Posted by Poouster View Post
    Thank you Acorn. Right now, most of this is over my head, but I will work on this until I understand better. If that never happens, can I hire somebody to fix this?
    Poouster, just sending you a PM.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks. One question: Before I posted this problem, I went in and changed the name of the slide after it was exported. (It somehow was named something like 6524.jpg) After I changed the number to slide01, the slider worked but there was a rectangle. In these screenshots, it looks like you're showing how to correct the name of slide01 before I export it. Good. However, when I name the picture slide01.jpg and then export it, the photo doesn't show up at all. I can't even find it in the exported files.

Thanks. One question: Before I posted this problem, I went in and changed the name of the slide after it was exported. (It somehow was named something like 6524.jpg) After I changed the number to slide01, the slider worked but there was a rectangle. In these screenshots, it looks like you're showing how to correct the name of slide01 before I export it. Good. However, when I name the picture slide01.jpg and then export it, the photo doesn't show up at all. I can't even find it in the exported files.
    Poouster, I tried to explain the naming idiosyncrasies you will face.

It depends on your XDA version.
    Pre-v16, on the slider page, select the first flute image and in Names, type in filename=slide01.jpg
    V16+, instead go to Web Properties > Image > Image > Image filename, add in slide01

Both together see to work OK.

In you test file, the HTML code is already sorted.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It looks like you are only addressing part of the problem, the demo I provided last evening fixed both issues. You have to add TWO additional Names to the slide01 image: Select slide01, click on Names and at the following from the Names drop down list:

htmlclass=hide
    PageControl.top;left;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slide01_missing name_add slide01.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	132398

In the example I ALSO added filename=slide01.jpg as well as setting Web Properties Image Filename as slide01; not knowing what version you were using.

swws-XT128-c-cutdown_fix.xar

The faint outline rectangle you see is the missing slide01, but you have to add the other two Names to that image to get it to work. If you check the Names for slide02, 03 and 04 you will see this.

LIVE TEST: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/wow-test/
    Last edited by Initiostar; 12 July 2022 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Added Live Test
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023