Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default TExt at top of page - can't figure out how to find it and delete it

This text shows up at the top of the page..."og:image star-frontpage.jpg" and I can't figure out where it is to delete it.
    I moved the nav bar down so it's clear to view...

Can anyone help?

https://www.makom.org

Sue

Default Re: TExt at top of page - can't figure out how to find it and delete it

Okay, I think I found it...somehow got put into the coding of the photo...
    Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    This text shows up at the top of the page..."og:image star-frontpage.jpg" and I can't figure out where it is to delete it.
    I moved the nav bar down so it's clear to view...

Can anyone help?

https://www.makom.org

Sue

Sue,

Have you corrected it now on your 'live' site? It looks fine to me.

Ian

Hi Ian. No I had not fixed it yet live. If you look at the very top home page...sigh..text is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukDalek View Post
    Sue,

Have you corrected it now on your 'live' site? It looks fine to me.

Ian

This happens when something is incorrectly referenced in a script. Usually a close tag is missing.

Where does this image appear on your site? That might be a clue. I'm not very good at things having to do with coding and all.

It appears in the first line of the <Body> part of your script. Maybe look in the BODY section of the Web Properties > Page tabbed section. If you find it there, delete it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	head.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	132385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Web Props.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	132386  

Yep, GWPriester, I did look there. I saw the line in the coding section but was having a hard time in WebProperties finding it. But I did....Thanks for your suggestions...always helpful!
    Sue
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    This happens when something is incorrectly referenced in a script. Usually a close tag is missing.

Where does this image appear on your site? That might be a clue. I'm not very good at things having to do with coding and all.

It appears in the first line of the <Body> part of your script. Maybe look in the BODY section of the Web Properties > Page tabbed section. If you find it there, delete it.

Hi Sue,

Oh I see it now, sorry for confusion.

I'm no expert but couldn't you delete the star image from your xara file page. Then delete the metadata info from the original image you put in from your hard drive. That's easy in Windows. Then reinsert the image into your page again? To see if that gets rid of it?

Otherwise I'm sure someone will come along shortly who will know why that reference to the missing image from the root of your site is there twice in the index.htm file. which i saved and renamed as .txt to see the references to it.

The references are pointing to the root directory of the site?

The actual image in your htm files folder is a 'number'.jpg.

Best wishes,
    Ian

UPDATE I see you've now sorted it Well done.

Nice site by the way.

I'm always stunned when I get something right.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I'm always stunned when I get something right.