Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default page is off center

One of my pages (https://tomdurkin-media.net/resume.htm) skews to the right so that you can't read the right half online. Unlike my other pages, the left edge of the page lines up under 5 on the ruler instead of zero. I don't know if this is the problem, but it's the only thing I see different from the other pages. I can't figure out how to move the page so that it displays the way it's supposed to?

Can anyone tell me how to get the page to line up and display properly online?

Default Re: page is off center

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Durkin View Post
    One of my pages (https://tomdurkin-media.net/resume.htm) skews to the right so that you can't read the right half online. Unlike my other pages, the left edge of the page lines up under 5 on the ruler instead of zero. I don't know if this is the problem, but it's the only thing I see different from the other pages. I can't figure out how to move the page so that it displays the way it's supposed to?
    Can anyone tell me how to get the page to line up and display properly online?
    Tom, it is usually a fault in some Placeholder where the code is not terminated correctly.
    I cannot see any, not can I detect any invisible blobs off page left.

I don't think it is your page Origin but press Shift+Ctrl+R or Show Rulers and drag the top-left crossbar onto the top-left corner of your design.

You do have a problem with your NavBar.
    Any selection open in a new Tab, so you have killed off any back navigation.
    Set your NavBar Links to be Open link in: Not specified instead.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: page is off center

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Tom, it is usually a fault in some Placeholder where the code is not terminated correctly.
    I cannot see any, not can I detect any invisible blobs off page left.

I don't think it is your page Origin but press Shift+Ctrl+R or Show Rulers and drag the top-left crossbar onto the top-left corner of your design.

You do have a problem with your NavBar.
    Any selection open in a new Tab, so you have killed off any back navigation.
    Set your NavBar Links to be Open link in: Not specified instead.

Acorn
    Thank you, Acorn. After much wrestling with the crossbar, I got the page to line up on zero like the other pages, but that didn't solve the problem. I tried clearing my cache, but that didn't help either. So, next, I transferred the data to a new page; changed its name to resume (renamed the old resume page). That worked! I don't know what was wrong with that particular page, but it no longer exists. Even though it didn't work, thanks for the information. I didn't know about the rulers.

And thanks for the tip about back navigation. I will work on correcting that.

Just learning by doing. I appreciate your help!
    Tom