Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Elementary - rounded corners on rectangle

Memory is not serving me.

I’ve added a transparent rectangle on top of a pic. Then added white text on the rectangle. I really like the effect. You can use a transparent not taking anything away from the pic, and add lettering. It’s missing something. I didn’t have a lot to work with so suggestions welcome.

Here’s the question. I can’t recall how to round the corners of the transparent rectangle. My usual corner rounders aren’t showing. Corner rounding showing on all photos, but not the placed rectangle. Thanks everyone.
    -Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F0A2B194-D229-40AD-8135-8F58CF1FFC16.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	231.1 KB 
ID:	132355  
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Elementary - rounded corners on rectangle

Bill, you have probably grouped the text and the transparent box.
    Ctrl+click the box away from the text then switch to the Rectangle Tool (M).
    You can also set View Quality to Outline to better see controls.
    You have to have picked Curved corners in the first place.

If it is Text inside, the same should apply but Xara changes the box to a Shape so you then need to use the Inside text rounding control.
    In XPro+, such Shapes are rendered a SVG, elsewhere you gain a naff image when the Shape is rounded.

If you have started off with a Shape or transformed it then rounding is difficult so start again with the first approach.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Alternately, you can double click on a rectangle (and for that matter almost any shape) and the Select Tool will change to the appropriate tool. So in the case of the rectangle, double click on the rectangle then double click on the corner to enable rounding the corners. I used this transparency effect on the cover I designed for my wife's latest novel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2919.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	132357  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Alternately, you can double click on a rectangle (and for that matter almost any shape) and the Select Tool will change to the appropriate tool. So in the case of the rectangle, double click on the rectangle then double click on the corner to enable rounding the corners. I used this transparency effect on the cover I designed for my wife's latest novel.
    Gary, useful if you just have a Box but one grouped is requires an extra double-click to Open Group. I also find hitting the corner with a double-click can be tricky sometimes. Trying a double-click on a Text Inside corner does nothing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn and Gary. It wasn’t grouped but clicking the rectangle tool did the trick. Thanks for answering the dumb question.
    W
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

There are no dumb questions. And this probably helped a lot of other users.