Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Default Can I use a published site as emergency backup?

I've had a computer crash and the only backup for one website is old (I set the backup frequency incorrectly). However, the site was published the day before the crash. Can I use the website to rebuild my studio version? I tried "Import" but it scrambles the elements and only does one page.

Default Re: Can I use a published site as emergency backup?

Not that I am aware of. When you download a page Xara downloads mostly the visible objects without any links or mouse over objects.

This might be a great learning event and an opportunity to update your website. (Sorry I know this is not funny)

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Not that I am aware of. When you download a page Xara downloads mostly the visible objects without any links or mouse over objects.

This might be a great learning event and an opportunity to update your website. (Sorry I know this is not funny)

Actually, it is at least deserved. I've been meaning to update my backup procedures for some time but procrastinating. Bummer, but a lesson, as you say. At least I have a month-old backup and only one website is affected. Still smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Windjamer View Post
    Actually, it is at least deserved. I've been meaning to update my backup procedures for some time but procrastinating. Bummer, but a lesson, as you say. At least I have a month-old backup and only one website is affected. Still smiling.
    Good morning fellow Canuck! Sympathies. It’s happened to me. My work flow …I’ve always thought that the auto backup in the program was the answer, but it’s tough. The “save as” is my saviour. Then an external drive.
    If I get enough gift cards for Christmas it’s a new rig for me.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.