Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Rouded corners tool, where are you?

wish you well, always good to learn...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSomebody View Post
    Oh my goodness, not the intent at all. sorry you read things that way. I was actually talking about specific tools, specific talents, and the combining of both within a specific process, and perhaps even pipe line, with other apps, to achieve a nice result. Philosophical Treatise is best left for another discussion non related, off topic perhaps? Practical in these sort of cases, relates to non redundant tools and processes, or using the right tool for the job within the process. Cost factoring for time and expenses comes into play. Nothing very Philosophical about it. Common sense, effort, time, talent and the right tools is all. I am a retired construction builder, and I have more hand tools and power tools in my shop than most commercial shops, two and three of everything, and each tool or item has a very specific purpose in the "bigger picture" We do not believe in one brand of tools does it all, so we have quite the variety... It's all in the planning, and other efforts put in. I am not sure how to further elaborate. Sorry if you do not understand or agree with what it is we are tying to impart here, we mean no harm. cheers
    Philosophical or not, my head now spins even more.

For interest here are screenshots of these type of tools being used in other apps to help visualise how they work.

I personally don't have much of a need for them nowadays, but in the past I would have found a corner tool a fantastic time saver for all sorts of things, especially technical drawings and diagrams. With all these kind of tools (and SmartShapes) it's important to be able to set a value (for example radius) for consistency.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corner-and-stroke-width-tools_1.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	132408
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSomebody View Post
    That's funny Boy... my wife often suggests the same sort of thing lol.
    You might want to pay attention to her more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    For interest here are screenshots of these type of tools being used in other apps to help visualise how they work.

I personally don't have much of a need for them nowadays, but in the past I would have found a corner tool a fantastic time saver for all sorts of things, especially technical drawings and diagrams. With all these kind of tools (and SmartShapes) it's important to be able to set a value (for example radius) for consistency.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corner-and-stroke-width-tools_1.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	132408
    Those are exactly the kind of tools that I wish to see in Designer Pro, especially the corner tools. It has been years that I've been waiting, but till now, nothing. Those two tools would make me upgrade the program immediately and not the annoying pop-up message that appears every time I start Designer.
    Marco.