Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Rouded corners tool, where are you?

Any news about a rouded corner tools in Designer Pro and controllable variable line thickness node by node?
    This are such desired and needed tools that are waiting too long to be added to the program that I still like so much.
    Marco.

Default Re: Rouded corners tool, where are you?

Your message is a bit cryptic, so I may misunderstand what you refer to but there is already a rounded corner tool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	132328  

unfortunately not the adjustable [variable] line thickness at selected nodes

not even user customisable stroke shapes...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I don't quite get what your point is, Joe. The 'bigger picture' you refer to is nothing more than the specific design a user is working on, so each aspect of it and each tool needed to create it is important to them; whether the design is just some title or a full-blown artwork is not relevant.

Now, if you're just telling us that you're deeply impressed by the work shown on the Xara Gallery, I totally agree that the talent shown is awesome.

I agree, there is no art in a tool. The craftsman, technician or tool user is the artist.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSomebody View Post
    What we meant by the bigger picture is, there are always workarounds...

but there is not always enough time, and if something saves time then it may well be better than a workaroumd

if you are of a philosophical bent you could argue bezier curves themselves are a workaround for the non scalability of raster; they rather started out that way...

a tool is useful if it saves time in specific instances; it does not try to compete with other tools
    Last edited by handrawn; 14 July 2022 at 11:47 AM. Reason: fix quote
    Nothing lasts forever...

Joe, I'm puzzled as to why you would want to turn a thread about practical tools into a philosophical treatise.

In another thread [march scribble] you have posted up a drawing about which you quote:

The extent of my freehand 2d drawing talent lol.
    does this mean you prefer to draw vector or 3D as opposed to freehand - I would love to see examples if you do...

I spent 5 years learning how to make a raster brush line go exactly where I want it to go first time, no need to tweak afterwards - it will not be precise enough for engineering, but artistically it is the way to go and avoids wasting time once learned
    Last edited by handrawn; 14 July 2022 at 02:42 PM. Reason: clarity
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sorry but in the past I've already talk about this topic, so I gave for granted the understanding of what I was complaining about:

Quote Originally Posted by Marco D View Post
    As I have already said in the past two simple tools would greatly improve the program:
    - a round corner tool;
    - a line thickness tools that makes possible to change the thickness of a line node by node

in the image there is also the idea of how implement it in the program besides the existing tool.

Attachment 129195
    And I'm not english so please be patient with me.
    Marco.

I am with you on the line thickness tool
    Nothing lasts forever...