Default Incorrect warning on screen capture dialog

In this thread https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ith-4K-monitor

I was reminded of:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-07-03 10_38_47-Xara Designer Pro X - [Untitled1 _].png 
Views:	47 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	132322

designer 19 with shortcut keys set to classic; it does not happen if keys are set to standard

switching to classic keys did throw up a conflict, but that was shift+ctrl+Q and was removed
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Incorrect warning on screen capture dialog

...but if you have the means to Customise key shortcuts, you can add the missing Ctrl+Q.

I'm sure you'll let off the custodian of the keys a small mistake?
    If not you can always take out key keeper insurance.

I didn't realise there were so many Q combinations free and available - thank you.

As an aside, create a Text Area, click in it and then press Shift+Ctrl+Q...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

ctrl+Q is not missing with classic keys

but the dialog thinks there is a conflict - when there is not

personally i do not give a d... but maybe xara should be aware... although they probably are already

As an aside, create a Text Area, click in it and then press Shift+Ctrl+Q...
    not sure what you are getting at here; with classic keys set at least, that appears to do nothing what so ever.... probably because as mentioned I removed the conflict

EDIT - shift+ctrl+Q in my classic keys with the conflict removed is select clipping shape - I believe you may be refering to create font versions list which was the conflict I removed; clipping I use, font lists maybe once a 24 month period...if ever
    Last edited by handrawn; 03 July 2022 at 04:56 PM.
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ctrl+Q is not missing with classic keys
    but the dialog thinks there is a conflict - when there is not
    personally i do not give a d... but maybe xara should be aware... although they probably are already
    not sure what you are getting at here; with classic keys set at least, that appears to do nothing what so ever.... probably because as mentioned I removed the conflict
    EDIT - shift+ctrl+Q in my classic keys with the conflict removed is select clipping shape - I believe you may be refering to create font versions list which was the conflict I removed; clipping I use, font lists maybe once a 24 month period...if ever
    handrawn, there is clearly a few differences between Standard and Classic.
    I am happy with Standard. I was trying to show Shift+Ctrl+Q in Standard was really of spurious use but that it required you to be in Text mode else nothing happens.

I couldn't tell if you were using Standard or Classic, now I do.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

sure; classic keys are hard-wired into my brain; standard keys are change for the sake of it from my point of view... but then I only use about 25% of the program's capability, and that was always so...
    Nothing lasts forever...