Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default align layer #1 text to background guidelines

Let's say I'm making labels and I've drawn background guidelines and I've locked them.

Then, on layer #1, I add text.

Is it possible to center layer #1's text based upon the background guidelines without moving the guidelines?

I hope this makes sense.

Default Re: align layer #1 text to background guidelines

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Can you be more specific in your profile as to which Xara software and version you are using?

And I am not quite clear what you are trying to accomplish with the text and the label.

I would format all the text as center justified. If you have your label centered on the page, then you can use the Alignment menu to center all selected text on the page.

Default Re: align layer #1 text to background guidelines

In the Text tool, Centre align then drag the left and right controls to snap to the guides.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat