Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: RONKS_KITCHEN_WEB_FILES Directory Missing .pdf Files Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Wodlik View Post
    InitioStar
    When I Open the Web Properties - Link Tab for one of my Menu Buttons and click on the Pop-up Layer Radio Button, The dropdown list is completely empty, there is no Pop-Up choice to select.
    Also
    At the bottom of the Web Properties Box, there is no "Clickable Area box nor are the two Radio Buttons there.
    I just upgraded to Xara V19.0.0.64291 from the original V19.0.0.63990
    Thanks for your help Ron
    Ron, this is indicating you should run you application with Run as Administrator the once as the changed libraries have not updated properly.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn

Thanks

Ran as Administrator & there are still no entries in the Pop-Up Radio Button.

Sorry

I did (while screwing around) finally get an entry in that drop down window by adding a new layer named Pop-Up to my index page, but I couldn't get the menu buttons to appear on the page at all.........

Ron
    Last edited by Wodlik; 07 July 2022 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Wording

@Acorn, http://ronkskitchen.com/ > the menus don't seem to be standard popups : <a href="javascript:;" aria-haspopup="true" onclick="return(xr_nn());"> looks to be set up another way?
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Acorn
    Thanks
    Ran as Administrator & there are still no entries in the Pop-Up Radio Button.
    Sorry
    I did (while screwing around) finally get an entry in that drop down window by adding a new layer named Pop-Up to my index page, but I couldn't get the menu buttons to appear on the page at all.........
    Ron
    Ron, I misunderstood as I had assumed you had already created some layers.

The clickable area selection is probably just available for XDPX & XPro+.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    @Acorn, http://ronkskitchen.com/ > the menus don't seem to be standard popups : <a href="javascript:;" aria-haspopup="true" onclick="return(xr_nn());"> looks to be set up another way?
    Gary, no, still the Xara method.

The empty javascript ensures the normal click action is passed to open the sub-menu. The aria statement is for Accessibility notification, which is probably recently added.
    I have badgered Xara about Accessibility for a fair time so it's good to see it happen.

My Xara NavBar approach might be to open a popup that itself has a MouseOver layer so a popped-up NavBar could be shown. This itself could be repeated.
    The complication is there are 1,600 recipes so 1,600 menu entries.

Cleaner would be to have an IFRAME to the PDF picture and recipe combined. The current recipe images can dropped.
    Each recipe page would have this construct and would show the rating detail and the highlight description.

I would then create a chapter page that itself has an IFRAME whose contents are presented when one of the chapter entries is clicked.

You then just have a NavBar to each chapter page.

A lot of work, probably better suited to WordPress or xtom's CMS.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Gary, no, still the Xara method.

The empty javascript ensures the normal click action is passed to open the sub-menu. The aria statement is for Accessibility notification, which is probably recently added.
    I have badgered Xara about Accessibility for a fair time so it's good to see it happen.

My Xara NavBar approach might be to open a popup that itself has a MouseOver layer so a popped-up NavBar could be shown. This itself could be repeated.
    The complication is there are 1,600 recipes so 1,600 menu entries.

Cleaner would be to have an IFRAME to the PDF picture and recipe combined. The current recipe images can dropped.
    Each recipe page would have this construct and would show the rating detail and the highlight description.

I would then create a chapter page that itself has an IFRAME whose contents are presented when one of the chapter entries is clicked.

You then just have a NavBar to each chapter page.

A lot of work, probably better suited to WordPress or xtom's CMS.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn for the Accessibility update; not seen it in Xara Pro X v19 before, but understand popups work the same way as before. I think for the time being Ron might have to live with amending existing popups, with the exception of the home page where you could create a just one popup and reorder it in categories/chapters or alphabetic order. A great collection of recipes.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

True 1600 TOTAL recipes, but they are split up into several sub-directories (Appetizers, Asian, Barbecue, Breads, etc. There will be no more than about 60 menu choices per any one directory.

Thanks Ron

True 1600 TOTAL recipes, but they are split up into several sub-directories (Appetizers, Asian, Barbecue, Breads, etc. There will be no more than about 60 menu choices per any one directory.
    Thanks Ron
    Ron, appreciated; the detail was more for Gary to get his head round.

The trick is the best, scalable approach to listing, indexing and finding a recipe.
    I would also think a search mechanism to cover ingredients would be very useful.

Acorn

Acorn

OK
    What I have "discovered" is: Sticky Menu Bars created in Sticky Text Boxes under V11 will not work properly when I re-generate the V11 website using V19. I have to create an entirely new Sticky Menu Bar in V19 for it to display like you guys said it would.

What I have Decided to temporarily create two to four different Sticky Menu Bars, each with its own portion of the website pages for web indexes that contain more than 20 different recipes. (18px Text for Desktops & 8px Text for Smartphones).

Future Release Request: Sticky Menu Bar Drop Down Box - The drop down box position in relation to the Sticky Menu Bar position depends upon where in the top of the page the Sticky Menu Bar is Located. Sometimes when the drop down Box opens, it expands to the right of the Menu Bar and other times it expands to the left (I've not figured out what the determining factors are - yet). It does not matter whether I have the Justification "Left", "Center" or "Right" Radio Buttons selected, it has no effect upon the display position within the page on-line.

It would be nice if: No matter where along the top of the page the Sticky Menu Bar is physically located, the drop down box always appeared centered horizontally in the page, no matter what the page width actually is (Desktop, Notebook, Smartphone, etc).

I have created a workaround (sort-of) by inserting more than one Sticky Menu Bar at the top of my recipe section pages.

See:

http://www.RonksKitchen.com/index.htm

To see an example. It works kind of OK in Device Landscape Mode, but still has several problems in narrower device Portrait Mode.

Thanks for all of your efforts
    Ron.

Ron,

I will have same version of Pro X19 as you. If it helps you can post a Xara file here, either v11 or v19, which is just a copy of your home page. Happy to take a look, but having a copy of your file takes the guesswork out.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk