Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: RONKS_KITCHEN_WEB_FILES Directory Missing .pdf Files Problem

Does V19 also fix my sticky menu problem where the number of menu items in the drop-down box exceeds the height of the device displaying that menu so the lower choices are off-screen? Making the menu "not sticky" does allow it to scroll with the page, but I can't click on one of the choices since the drop-down box disappears too quickly. Is there a way to set a time that the menu remains on-screen allowing for selection of the bottom most menu choices?

Thank you MUCH - good stuff.

Ron.

Ref: Post#7
    There are several personal "Bugs" I would like to see if they are fixed. The main being "Sticky" Menu's that are longer in length than the screen displaying that drop-down menu. If I make the menu character size small enough to display fully on ANY device, it becomes too tiny to accurately select the correct choice.
    Here is how I would manage your desktop menu transition to a mobile variant: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/navbar_variant/

You have 4 Xara standard menus, much like a quick reference guide to the site's content. Each of these can be posted to a popup layer on your mobile variant where, provided the width of the menu is no greater than the width of the mobile variant, it will display correctly. From there, you can adjust Xara standard submenu font sizes as required. For the mobile variant each section (Xara menu) is called from the MouseOff page:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220705-135711.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	132351

If the length of a dropdown were to exceed the length of the page, and that is the issue, there is another way of creating a list of links as a page-within-a-page; in this case you have the list page within an iframe and a vertical scroll bar. There are other ways too of addressing this challenge.

v19 uses a Scale-to-fit-Width (introduced with v16.3) - with the example site above you can squeeze a desktop browser to see how the site will appear on different devices; it should be consistent.

You would probably need at least v16.3 to see this working: Sections_Navbar_04Jul22.xar

Should you choose to look at the v19 trial, you could open up the attached file and see how it is constructed.

From a design perspective, I did think it should be possible to condense the 4 Xara Navbar's into one, but that's without fully understanding the structure of your site.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Wodlik View Post
    Does V19 also fix my sticky menu problem where the number of menu items in the drop-down box exceeds the height of the device displaying that menu so the lower choices are off-screen? Making the menu "not sticky" does allow it to scroll with the page, but I can't click on one of the choices since the drop-down box disappears too quickly. Is there a way to set a time that the menu remains on-screen allowing for selection of the bottom most menu choices?
    Ron, I had to play around with the concept of a stickie menu taller than its viewing height.

If you make it not stickie and set the pop-up to not close automatically, then it won't close until you click on the Close icon.
    There are other tricks where you affix the phrase (lock) to the Layer name; this a summary Thread: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...close-png-icon.

A possible cleaner alternative that you already have is to have a menu icon opening a separate menu page - totally scrollable.

Your site is clearly a labour of love, which I applaud.
    When I looked at it years back, the one downside I felt was the scanned images.

Still don't see where any PDFs are hiding.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you MUCH for the info

Thank You for the info

Ron

@ Acorn & Ron,

Where you have a very long list of links, like a quick reference guide to all sections and pages across a large site, maybe you could have separate lists of links on separate pages, but display them through an iframe on the page being viewed.

Example: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/iframe-links/

The list pages could be shared with any variants which should make them easier to maintain across the site.

Just a thought, though I have not fully tested the process.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

I downloaded & Installed V19 trial version.

if I make the menu not stickie, it gets moved to the Mouse On Layer from the Mouse Off layer & disappears. I have to manually cut & paste it back into the Mouse Off layer to see it again.

I have not been able to find where I can change the menu pop-up to not close automatically. Where is that option selected at?

The .pdf printable images are stored in the public_html/appetizers/index_htm_files directory for each of the individual directories (appetizers, coffees, hungarian, seafoods, soups, etc.) Using cPanel File Manager to upload the files isn't really a problem.

LOL - I eventually "discovered" that scanned images in color @300 DPI will print/display VERY POORLY, but, if they're scanned in Greyscale @300 DPI, the print/viewing quality is MUCH better.......
    The end result is that I have basically started completely over last February.
    The main reason for this project is that I am 80 years old & my father died from Alzheimer's. This is actually an attempt to keep my brain active and (hopefully) keep the Alzheimer's beastie away, although "senior moments" do bite my ass occasionally.

I downloaded & Installed V19 trial version.

1. if I make the menu not stickie, it gets moved to the Mouse On Layer from the Mouse Off layer & disappears. I have to manually cut & paste it back into the Mouse Off layer to see it again.

2. I have not been able to find where I can change the menu pop-up to not close automatically. Where is that option selected at?
    Point [1] - Your sticky menu (buttons) do correctly appear on the home page of your website, but they are partially obscured as the page content scrolls underneath them. You need to create a sticky (full width is an option) rectangle that sits behind the menu links; the colour of the rectangle is your choice, but white works OK

Point [2] - When you select your popup you will see a settings tab to the right, click on this and you will see a checkbox that you can un-tick to stop the popup closing automatically; when you view the popup you will see a standard Xara close button that is required to close that popup.

Hopefully the graphic helps:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sticky Background Rectangle.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	132360
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

InitioStar

When I Open the Web Properties - Link Tab for one of my Menu Buttons and click on the Pop-up Layer Radio Button, The dropdown list is completely empty, there is no Pop-Up choice to select.

Also

At the bottom of the Web Properties Box, there is no "Clickable Area box nor are the two Radio Buttons there.

I just upgraded to Xara V19.0.0.64291 from the original V19.0.0.63990

Thanks for your help
    Ron