Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Nagging warning, now continual

In the past, every time I've published changes from this website I've received the warning below.
    This particular time I placed a few logos on a large rectangle and soft grouped. Nothing particularly spectacular - BUT the warning now is constant. It pops up and I close, it pops up and I close. I think you get my meaning.
    I've rebooted the computer, and run the program as administrator once. The problem still persists on this particular file only.

It's getting a little worrisome. The site is www.northeastspca.org. The pic of the warning is enclosed. I'm a little perplexed actually. It only happens on this particular file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.PNG 
Views:	59 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	132296  
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Nagging warning, now continual

This error has been mentioned before.

See this thread to see if it helps.

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...n-first-change

Ian

PS Nice site. A pleasure to view.
    Last edited by ukDalek; 30 June 2022 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ukDalek View Post
    This error has been mentioned before. It's an SQL error.

See this thread to see if it helps.

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...n-first-change

Ian

Thanks Ian. I've now narrowed it down to one particular page, and that's the Donate-Sponsor page. Hope I don't have to delete and start again. It could be the soft group that I've added with a bunch of logos .. but might be hard to track down. The program isn't crashing. Just the error message.
    I could dump that page and start a new one, but the error has always remained on upload and it never gave me a lot of concern.

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

This error has been mentioned before. It's an SQL error.
    See this thread to see if it helps. https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...n-first-change
    Ian
    Ian, thank you for the back link.

I don't see anything that declared it to be a SQL error. Xara designs can't and don't use SQL.

The error was noted by Xara and has probably been fixed in later versions.
    My https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...768#post571768 experience suggests it is related to a fault in Repeating objects.
    The remedy for me was to clone the offending Group/Soft-group, delete all the original Repeats and set up the Clone to repeat on all pages.
    This might also work for Bill.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,

My error I don't know why I put it's an SQL error. I've edited the post so that it doesn't confuse anyone in the future.

Back to Bill's problem. I've had similar head scratchers like that not with the same error code. Once I knew which page. I methodically deleted items starting by selecting all objects on the left half of page and deleting, saving new temp name, not fixed, selecting right half, save with new name until I found it by process of elimination. Then went back to the original xar file, deleted the object. Reinsterted and all was fine. It didn't take long.

Ian

Acorn,
    My error I don't know why I put it's an SQL error. I've edited the post so that it doesn't confuse anyone in the future.
    Back to Bill's problem. I've had similar head scratchers like that not with the same error code. Once I knew which page. I methodically deleted items starting by selecting all objects on the left half of page and deleting, saving new temp name, not fixed, selecting right half, save with new name until I found it by process of elimination. Then went back to the original xar file, deleted the object. Reinsterted and all was fine. It didn't take long. Ian
    Ian, a person after my own heart; divide and conquer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ian, thank you. I may have to do that.
    Since the site was inherited by myself, from another with Xara, and was a template originally I’ll have to do some exploring. The site at present does not bare any resemblance to the original template, but some offenders may remain.
    The page at fault is quite simple. A sticky nav bar, a few email links, a soft group with a bunch of logos on top of a stretched rectangle and a live copy soft group at the bottom. Fairly simple.
    I think I may have to make my own nav bar. Might require major surgery.
    Thanks Ian and @acorn.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Acorn,

Back to Bill's problem. I've had similar head scratchers like that not with the same error code. Once I knew which page. I methodically deleted items starting by selecting all objects on the left half of page and deleting, saving new temp name, not fixed, selecting right half, save with new name until I found it by process of elimination. Then went back to the original xar file, deleted the object. Reinsterted and all was fine. It didn't take long.

Ian
    Ian. Just a question on your workflow to solve the problem. When you were deleting elements, did you store the elements, pics etc on just another page away from the original site. I’d think to pop them onto a clear empty page, far and away from the site totally. thanks
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Lightbulb Re: Nagging warning, now continual

Bill, naver work on the original when fault-finding.
    Create a copy and mangle it as you see fit.

This approach is the most cautious and works for Variants, Pages, Layers or Shapes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Divide&Conquer.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	132299

Any Red file still has the fault.

Acorn

Bill,

I did a belt and braces job. I was tempted to move to another page or put on the pasteboard but I thought they might still cause a problem.

So I kept the original example.web file with the problem for safety to revert back to and leave untouched.

Then I opened it, then saved it as something like exampleTestdeleting1.web

Then I multi selected all of the objects on the left hand side of the page by dragging the mouse over them and deleted. Then I saved exampleTest1deleting.web. Problem still there. So I deleted right side. Still there and eventually after a few tries I deleted the footer (just for that page) and it worked. It was a small object on top of the footer.

When I found that faulty object I went back to my untouched file. Saved a newer safety version and deleted the object on top of the footer, saved it and it worked fine.

Good luck.