I upgraded just over a year ago to Xara Web Designer Premium v18. I had been using Web Designer Premium v11 for several years and I was going back and forth at that time with either upgrading the Xara or going over to Wordpress. With Wordpress I would have to learn a whole new system and I don't know how much it would do things better or not. But I don't use Xara often either, so I'm rusty when I want to update my website.

My subscription ran out a couple weeks ago, but I guess to entice me to update, they are giving me a little deal, but just until the end of June. So I only have a couple days to decide. Honestly, I most likely will update because it's the easier thing to do.

I think there was only a small update in the program this past year I had the subscription. This new version says it has a couple small upgrades, with the biggest seeming to be a bunch of new templates. But I don't use templates on my site. I made it from blank pages. Not that I have a great site, but I just like to put things where I want them.

One thing I wish it had (I tried looking around and couldn't find anything like what I want) is a photo gallery where I could put up photos that have different sizes/aspect ratios (8x10, 11x14, etc.) and orientations (horizontal, vertical, square) and also be able to add some text explaining the photo.

I did notice something about open graph capability. I didn't think v18 had that, but I just looked and it does.

So, back to figuring out what to do. If you want to give any opinions, I'll be happy to read them. Thanks.