Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Naming objects - but then how to delete them from the list

Where can I go to delete names I made up but don't want to use them or names that appear in the list that I have no idea how they got there?

I tried looking it up and other than "add" and then remove, it's still in the list.

Anyone?

Default Re: Naming objects - but then how to delete them from the list

Do you mean from the Luggage Label (Utilities > Names) section?

If so, select the object, then, Utilities > Names, click on the name in the Names Applied box and click the Remove button.

Yes, that's where I am talking about. When I go into that there is nothing in the "names applied" area and to get the name I have to use the "apply name" and add, but and then remove, but the name is still in the drop down area apply name. How do I permanently remove names in the area where the drop down apply name is?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Do you mean from the Luggage Label (Utilities > Names) section?

If so, select the object, then, Utilities > Names, click on the name in the Names Applied box and click the Remove button.

Excellent question, to which I have no idea as to an answer.

I don't really think it matters as long as you've removed the name from the 'Applied' area.

It probably doesn't matter, but I didn't like the name I used and now I can't take it out...just urks me to "see" the other name there.
    It's gotta be in some file...but we should be able to delete it!

@Acorn, might know??
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Excellent question, to which I have no idea as to an answer.

I don't really think it matters as long as you've removed the name from the 'Applied' area.

Sue, Premium does not have the Name gallery. In XDPX & XPro+, you can delete a Name entirely.

You could use it to keep your weekly shopping list, it really affects nothing other than the drop-down list.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yep, Acorn, I have the Premium. I didn't even know "Name Gallery" existed.

Haha about using it for a shopping list! My quirky-ness says if you don't use it, delete it!

Sue
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, Premium does not have the Name gallery. In XDPX & XPro+, you can delete a Name entirely.

You could use it to keep your weekly shopping list, it really affects nothing other than the drop-down list.

Acorn