Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Arrow or symbol used to bring you to the top of the page

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    I just made a 1 page computer versus mobile. The computer version has a heart but does not show up. The mobile does with the arrow. I just wanted to be sure I was viewing them differently.
    Acorn, if I only knew...I'm sure I did something stupid!
    Attaching it in case you could find it ....Attachment 132271
    Sue, sorry to say, it is a first.
    Somehow you have deleted all the Layers apart from MouseOver on Main and there are none in the variant.

Nothing will show as a result.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

]Huh, I have all the layers on my version, mouse over, mouse off, page background and pasteboard background
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, sorry to say, it is a first.
    Somehow you have deleted all the Layers apart from MouseOver on Main and there are none in the variant.

Page background and pasteboard background are locked..and now looking at the format options to export, it was set to remove invisible layers! OYYYY

Unlocked all layers and saved.

new one coming here:sue-1 pg nothing locked.web

Nothing will show as a result.

Acorn

And by accident I hit unsubscribe from this thread. How do I put back to subscribe? I can't figure that out either!

Got the answer...ignore
    Last edited by SueB; 26 June 2022 at 04:29 PM.

Here's the real website I'm working on and just did another quick rectangle and arrow on the 1st page of both mobile and computer.
    Does not appear to be working for me. On the computer version, I put two arrows, one on the page and one off.

Attaching it here:makom-reveal not working.web

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Here's the real website I'm working on and just did another quick rectangle and arrow on the 1st page of both mobile and computer.
    Does not appear to be working for me. On the computer version, I put two arrows, one on the page and one off.
    Attaching it here:makom-reveal not working.web
    Sue, I'm busy working for a client myself at the moment.

if I have a gap, I'll look.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Understood...thank you very much for your time!

Info Re: Arrow or symbol used to bring you to the top of the page

Sue

The Variant has both the arrow and trigger on the MouseOver layer - no apart from a deity can see it.
    • Move them onto the MouseOff layer.

The arrow is also very far down on the page so some viewers will never see it, even when it appears.
    • Move it up a fair distance.

You have left a blue arrow top-right with an 'acorn' trigger.
    • Delete both.

The trigger shape is off-the page, just touching, so it can never trigger the arrow.
    • It must be on the page.
    • Make it 99% transparent.
    • Better - give it Web Animation ?Reveal/Scroll > Trigger object name: NeverUsed - type in 'NeverUsed' directly and press the Apply button.

Main has a trigger shape also just touching the page.
    • Do the same as the last three bullets.

The second arrow is just touching the page.
    • Move it further to the right.

The trigger shape is too tall.
    • It need go no lower than the bottom of the page and higher if you take account of the height of the browser.

The vertical social media buttons can be made sticky.
    You should lock your Pasteboard background layer.
    • Otherwise, you will select it accidently, all the time.

Acorn

Thanks, Acorn. This was very helpful. When I tried the "neverused" I had some issues. So I went with the transparency since it works.

So I got the computer (main) version to work but I can't get the variant (mobile) working. I will attach it. If you have time, I appreciate your expertise in seeing my errors.

Fyi, the background layer was only unlocked to make sure you got a copy where you could see everything. All back to locked now. Thanks!

I like that you help me to learn..
    makom-mobile not working-computer is.web
    Sue

Sue, both are working.

The variant arrow is too low on the page and the trigger starts too early so there is no real space for it to hide so it shows straight off.

Arrow up.
    Trigger lower.

Acorn

@Acorn, thanks so much for your patience! I would have never guessed this last one what was wrong!
    And when I previewed it, it just wasn't coming into view for me on top of all of the other stuff.
    A million thank yous...as you know, I was ready to give up.
    Happy Sunday and bless you for taking the time to always help me!
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, both are working.

The variant arrow is too low on the page and the trigger starts too early so there is no real space for it to hide so it shows straight off.

Arrow up.
    Trigger lower.

Acorn