Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Arrow or symbol used to bring you to the top of the page

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Trying this. When I go to assign the reveal animation, on the shape, in the pasteboard background, I get an error message "Objects on the pasteboard background layer cannot have a reveal animations appied."
    Sue, the arrow should still be on the MouseOff layer.

You do not put it into the Pasteboard layer, just drag it into an off-page position.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Okay, I thought when you said "pasteboard" that meant the layer.
    Back to the drawing board. Do you mean to put the symbol (arrow) off of the page? I am a bit lost now.
    Sorry...just not getting what to do exactlly.
    Sue
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, the arrow should still be on the MouseOff layer.

You do not put it into the Pasteboard layer, just drag it into an off-page position.

Acorn

Okay, I thought when you said "pasteboard" that meant the layer.
    Back to the drawing board. Do you mean to put the symbol (arrow) off of the page? I am a bit lost now.
    Sorry...just not getting what to do exactlly.
    Sue
    Sue, yes off the page (off-page).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Okay, did that and it doesn't show up. Something is cuckoo!
    Sue, yes off the page (off-page).

Acorn

Okay, did that and it doesn't show up. Something is cuckoo!
    I assume that it is still has its trigger?

Try dragging any shape that is Sticky.
    If it is not Sticky, it will not show.

Acorn

Made sure it now has a trigger and a sticky and nope.
    Brought in a new shape, rectangle, was off page, didn't show up. Did it half way onto the page and still nope, doesn't show up.
    I'm looking at it locally after I do it, would that be an issue?

What in the world could I be doing making this so hard?
    I'm on version 19, fyi, in case there is some glitch.

Sue
    I assume that it is still has its trigger?

Try dragging any shape that is Sticky.
    If it is not Sticky, it will not show.

Acorn

Sue, here is an example file: Xara - Sticky Triggers.xar

Acorn

I have re-attached my .xar file from earlier. If you look at both Acorn's and mine, you will see they use the same method. The rectangle (trigger) on the left-hand side. Mine is pink, Acorn's black. Open both so that you can see how the pair of them work. Arrow must be sticky and have a reveal triggered by name. Rectangle must have a name.

You can easily play with the arrow by sliding it on and off the page area.

Acorn hides the trigger rectangle by using the same reveal by trigger as the arrow, but there is no trigger, and so it remains hidden. Once you understand this, you'll see it's better than my solution of making the rectangle the same colour as the background and moving its position to the back.

Click Acorn's rectangle and the: Utilities > Web Animation > Reveal/Scroll (tab) > Reveal Animation (radio button) > Trigger Object Name (drop down box) and you'll see he has entered the name NeverUsed The rectangle is waiting for an object called NeverUsed before it shows...which, of course, doesn't exist.

>>> Sue Arrow Long.xar <<<

Reading that back, it sounds complicated. It isn't. Play with the 2 examples for the penny to drop.

Thank you Chris.

Acorn

Thank you, Chris and @Acorn. I will certainly give this a try tomorrow. I feel like maybe today is just not getting it right into the brain. I can see both of your examples and see that it works. I just must have done something wrong with mine, so I will tackle it another day...

Thanks so much to you both for working with me. I will let you know more..stay tuned!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I have re-attached my .xar file from earlier. If you look at both Acorn's and mine, you will see they use the same method. The rectangle (trigger) on the left-hand side. Mine is pink, Acorn's black. Open both so that you can see how the pair of them work. Arrow must be sticky and have a reveal triggered by name. Rectangle must have a name.

You can easily play with the arrow by sliding it on and off the page area.

Acorn hides the trigger rectangle by using the same reveal by trigger as the arrow, but there is no trigger, and so it remains hidden. Once you understand this, you'll see it's better than my solution of making the rectangle the same colour as the background and moving its position to the back.

Click Acorn's rectangle and the: Utilities > Web Animation > Reveal/Scroll (tab) > Reveal Animation (radio button) > Trigger Object Name (drop down box) and you'll see he has entered the name NeverUsed The rectangle is waiting for an object called NeverUsed before it shows...which, of course, doesn't exist.

>>> Sue Arrow Long.xar <<<

Reading that back, it sounds complicated. It isn't. Play with the 2 examples for the penny to drop.