Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Arrow or symbol used to bring you to the top of the page

So the saga continues: I started with just a blank new document and I can make it work just fine, all of it.

But when I do it on my website, nope, nothing. Now what can I do? Start new? What could stop it from working correctly? I even added a few things from my website to the practice one and still it continued to work.

Grrrrr.....I knew something was up.

What would you need to see what could be causing such an issue?

Sue
    Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Thank you, Chris and @Acorn. I will certainly give this a try tomorrow. I feel like maybe today is just not getting it right into the brain. I can see both of your examples and see that it works. I just must have done something wrong with mine, so I will tackle it another day...

Thanks so much to you both for working with me. I will let you know more..stay tuned!

@Chris @Acorn, question, on Acorn's example of "Sue ARrow Long" what makes the symbol on the page versus off the page?

Trying to look at it and figure that one out and I'm lost.

Sue

Place an object on the page area, and it will be visible. Off the page area and it's invisible.

Place a sticky object on the page, and it's visible. Off page, and it remains visible, but shoots off to the edge of the screen.

Grab the arrow and move it, even slightly, off the page area and preview it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sue Off Page.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	132269

Thanks, Chris. Seemed simple enough...just wasn't getting it this morning when I was messing around with a new page.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Place an object on the page area, and it will be visible. Off the page area and it's invisible.

Place a sticky object on the page, and it's visible. Off page, and it remains visible, but shoots off to the edge of the screen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sue Off Page.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	132269

Houston, we have an issue. Chris, yes, the object on the page and off the page is correct.
    What's not working for me is that sticky does not show up when it's on the page but does when it's off the page and this a new document that I was messing around with. I think I am done....really does not make sense. I've followed @Acorn's example to the T. Worked okay on a mobile version but not on the computer version. Boy, oh, boy. Thanks for trying to help..but I think I'm useless on this one.

On the desktop version, does the arrow have the named object as a trigger for its reveal?
    Utilities > Web Animation > Reveal/Scroll (tab) > Reveal Animation (radio button) > Trigger Object Name (drop down box)

Chris, it sure does.
    On the desktop version, does the arrow have the named object as a trigger for its reveal?
    Utilities > Web Animation > Reveal/Scroll (tab) > Reveal Animation (radio button) > Trigger Object Name (drop down box)

I shall now bow out and await either an Acorn brainwave, or your .xar/.web file.

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Houston, we have an issue. Chris, yes, the object on the page and off the page is correct.
    What's not working for me is that sticky does not show up when it's on the page but does when it's off the page and this a new document that I was messing around with. I think I am done....really does not make sense. I've followed @Acorn's example to the T. Worked okay on a mobile version but not on the computer version. Boy, oh, boy. Thanks for trying to help..but I think I'm useless on this one.
    Sue, as you have one working, you need to ask why is it not on the other.

Have you copied the trigger object into both then each will have the same Name/Anchor?

Probably no arrow or trigger should be Share with all variants.

You could even use a different trigger Names. No biggie.
    Each arrow is then set to to be triggered by its own trigger object.

Xara - The Lone Ranger's Horse.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I just made a 1 page computer versus mobile. The computer version has a heart but does not show up. The mobile does with the arrow. I just wanted to be sure I was viewing them differently.

Acorn, if I only knew...I'm sure I did something stupid!
    Attaching it in case you could find it ....sue computer vs mobile.web

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, as you have one working, you need to ask why is it not on the other.

Have you copied the trigger object into both then each will have the same Name/Anchor?

Probably no arrow or trigger should be Share with all variants.

You could even use a different trigger Names. No biggie.
    Each arrow is then set to to be triggered by its own trigger object.

Xara - The Lone Ranger's Horse.xar

Acorn