Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Arrow or symbol used to bring you to the top of the page

@Acorn, can I set it to repeat it and will that be okay or only do fresh on each page I want it on?

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    @Acorn, can I set it to repeat it and will that be okay or only do fresh on each page I want it on?
    Repeat on all pages should be fine.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I think that Acorn just meant off of the page, not literally on the pasteboard background layer.

Also, this may be too little too late, but when I was implementing this very function, I would actually put the arrow where I wanted it to appear down the page. It never worked because it would appear off the page. The arrow itself needs to be at the top of the page so that it's in the window when it does appear. This may, or may not, be something that has be vexing you, but hopefully it helps anyway

And example: https://www.kungfushihtzugrooming.com/

I scrolled back to Acorn's post #17 - there is an excellent explanation with a demo on how the function can work on-page and off-page.

An alternative to using a trigger to bring the top-of-page icon into view, is simply to have it in view (and in the case of a mobile variant) to have it adjacent to the menu icon as part of a sticky header:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220627-125339.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	132278 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220627-125506.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	132279

Lots of options.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023