Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Open Graph not functioning

I could have sworn that I posted about this, but can't find it....

In any case, when I enable "Open Graph" on the "Open Graph" tab, import a correctly formatted image, add a Title and Description, and publish, I go to Facebook debugger, and do a scrape, it does not work. It works when I do it manually, as I have been (pre-Open Graph" tab), upload an image manually, and put the og:image code in the head of the page (metatag), but the automatic implementation via the "Open Graph" tab doesn't seem to work.

Any input?

Default Re: Open Graph not functioning

I think your previous comment showed deleted by member's request. Maybe your memory is like mine.

I have not used this feature but I wonder if since it was introduced, Facebook changed something? They are always making "improvements".

Quote Originally Posted by edmiston99 View Post

Any input?
    My mistake. I read your ask to delete to be for the Thread and not your second Post. No point in restoring it as you've raised it here.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

In any case, when I enable "Open Graph" on the "Open Graph" tab, import a correctly formatted image, add a Title and Description, and publish, I go to Facebook debugger, and do a scrape, it does not work. It works when I do it manually, as I have been (pre-Open Graph" tab), upload an image manually, and put the og:image code in the head of the page (metatag), but the automatic implementation via the "Open Graph" tab doesn't seem to work.

Any input?
    We've check Open Graph on FB and it is working for us. Please send us an email or chat with the URL of the site that is not working: www.xara.com/contact-us

Ah, yes. I had posted it (at least partially) twice, and was only wanting to get rid of the redundancy. No harm.

I will set everything back to using the internal "Open Graph" function, and get that email to you. It's saying: "The 'og:image' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags." error. Here is the website address....

http://www.kungfushihtzugrooming.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-23 153818.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	132257

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    We've check Open Graph on FB and it is working for us. Please send us an email or chat with the URL of the site that is not working: www.xara.com/contact-us
    It's all set back to using the Xara "Open Graph" tab. It's "enabled" with correctly formatted image, title and description.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-23 170529.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	132258

It's all set back to using the Xara "Open Graph" tab. It's "enabled" with correctly formatted image, title and description.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-23 170529.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	132258
    I tried your web link and got over 100 console messages. No og detail is being published and definitely no og image.

If you can create a blank design and add in the same Open Graph detail and upload into TG here.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I tried your web link and got over 100 console messages. No og detail is being published and definitely no og image.

If you can create a blank design and add in the same Open Graph detail and upload into TG here.

Acorn
    Here you go. It's set up exactly as it is in the other design.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here you go. It's set up exactly as it is in the other design.
    Thank you for the file.

It has all the Open Graph detail I would expect, other than the small typo:
    Code:
    <head>
     <meta name="twitter:card" content="summary_large_image">
     <meta property="og:type" content="website">
     <meta property="og:title" content="Kung Fu Shih Tzu Grooming - Vancouver, WA">
     <meta property="og:description" content="Complete full-service pet groomingin Vancouver Washington. We are dedicated to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction through excellent service and quality grooming in a fun atmosphere.">
     <meta property="og:image" content="index_htm_files/opengraph.jpg">
     <meta property="og:image:type" content="image/jpeg">
     <meta property="og:image:width" content="500">
     <meta property="og:image:height" content="261">
    </head>
    Have you Previewed this file?
    Do try and right-click on the browser page and pick View Source.
    All the og detail should show as above.

If not, re-open your Xara application with a Run as Administrator. This might unclog so DLLs for you.

Acorn