Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Ruler showing top and left side is inches and pixels??

Hello. Don't know what I did or how to fix it. Tried looking it up but must not have the wording right to fix it as this page under "options" looks the same as other pages but the ruler is different. See screen shot.

How do I fix this or make all pages the same for rulers?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ruler on left set odd.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	132240

Default Re: Ruler showing top and left side is inches and pixels??

Sue, I have never seen different units and spacings on rulers at the same time.

It is possible to have different (paired) settings on different Variants.

Utilities > Options > Grid & Ruler.
    Set the Major spacing to be the same unit of measurement across all variants - I use 50px with 5 subdivisions.

The other thing to check is the Origin.
    In web pages, it is usually sets (0, 0) to be top-left.
    With the Ruler visible, click & drag from the top-left corner where the rulers meet ( vertical cross) onto the top-left corner of the design page and release.
    The (x, y) values will change to 0 and the page height when the Co-ordinate direction has been set to increase to the right and down.

Whatever you pick should have the same choices across all variants.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Ruler showing top and left side is inches and pixels??

Thanks, again, Acorn....you got the information to me so I could figure it out! What a weird thing and there were a few on the mobile variant. Just drove me bats#$%!
    Sue
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, I have never seen different units and spacings on rulers at the same time.

It is possible to have different (paired) settings on different Variants.

Utilities > Options > Grid & Ruler.
    Set the Major spacing to be the same unit of measurement across all variants - I use 50px with 5 subdivisions.

The other thing to check is the Origin.
    In web pages, it is usually sets (0, 0) to be top-left.
    With the Ruler visible, click & drag from the top-left corner where the rulers meet ( vertical cross) onto the top-left corner of the design page and release.
    The (x, y) values will change to 0 and the page height when the Co-ordinate direction has been set to increase to the right and down.

Whatever you pick should have the same choices across all variants.

Acorn