Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default New Laptop Designer Pro + Problems

Hello,

I have just purchased a new laptop. I have Designer Pro + on my old laptop downloaded the trail for it on my new laptop expecting to register it [2 devices] and once it was set up I'd uninstall and deregister on my old laptop.

The only problem is I never got a verification message pop up on the trail and every time I try to do anything in the help section it says 'I must be online' but I am and I'm logged into my Xara Cloud account but the second Xara Designer Pro + seems to have no way of allowing my to activate it.

Does anyone else have this problem or have I done something daft?

Thanks
    David

Default Re: New Laptop Designer Pro + Problems

David, you indicate that Pro+ is a trial.
    Perhaps that is the problem.

Regardless, i would raise the problem through https://www.xara.com/contact-us/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    David, you indicate that Pro+ is a trial.
    Perhaps that is the problem.

Regardless, i would raise the problem through https://www.xara.com/contact-us/.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn, I have and they have suggested everything I've already tried, white-siting it, firewall checking, pop-up white siting, allowed urls and so on and on - all day I've been doing it - and it still says 'You need to be online to do this' and I am. I got to this forum via the software so something is mighty amiss, but basically, I can't use any online features and I've paid for them.

I suppose you could try running it once as administrator in case you new computer's security is blocking at UAC level
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hello Handrawn,

I deleted everything Xara on the new laptop, found the last exe I had from my old laptop and used that on the new laptop and it verified and went online - yay I thought! Then it told me I needed to update, which made sense, then the updater started to load-up, all seems good, then the updater said it couldn't find the software and I had to reinstall it and try again.

How does that work. I was using the software it couldn't find - the installer created the folder and file path - it makes no sense at all

DavidClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-21 104219.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	132239

when you say deleted do you mean uninstalled, or more than that ?

did you try right clicking and running the program as administrator first? - if not then you could do that now

something was blocking the program from accessing the internet originally; this is often an 'over-zealous' security program treating it as suspicious

as for your reinstall and update issue, not sure; it may be the same kind of issue...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...