Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default sticky image link not working?

Hi Everyone

So I was updating my website today and wanted an existing menu system (I have a main menu title bar with menu items, one of which, when clicked on, causes a pop-up sub menu to appear beneath with all the products in it) to be sticky and stay at the top of the page regardless of scroll position. So all that worked perfectly ok. The problem is now that I can't get any of the product images that appear in the now sticky pop-up sub-menu, to work??? They worked perfectly ok before I made them sticky, but I don't understand why this would be an issue as sticky menus are pretty common?

Any help to resolve this is greatly appreciated ...

Default Re: sticky image link not working?

Quote Originally Posted by wwdileie View Post
    Hi Everyone

So I was updating my website today and wanted an existing menu system (I have a main menu title bar with menu items, one of which, when clicked on, causes a pop-up sub menu to appear beneath with all the products in it) to be sticky and stay at the top of the page regardless of scroll position. So all that worked perfectly ok. The problem is now that I can't get any of the product images that appear in the now sticky pop-up sub-menu, to work??? They worked perfectly ok before I made them sticky, but I don't understand why this would be an issue as sticky menus are pretty common?

Any help to resolve this is greatly appreciated ...
    Wouldn't want to start guessing what you might have done; maybe post a document here with the menu bar and it should be easier to help.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Wouldn't want to start guessing what you might have done; maybe post a document here with the menu bar and it should be easier to help.
    Hi, thanks for replying. Ok, have made a test file, attached, which gives this example. So the main menu has a bunch of menu items, but products is the only active one. When clicked, it brings up a sticky sub menu (so it can be accessed from any point on a scrolled page) that when the image in it is clicked, it should go to the products page, but it does nothing... Can't figure out why?

Any help is much appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

You have the 'Products' link set to close the pop-up page automatically. Turn this off and it works as intended.
    Select 'Products', then:
    Utilities > Web Properties > Link (tab) > Pop-up Layer (radio button) - Settings. Remove the tick from Close Pop-Up Automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    You have the 'Products' link set to close the pop-up page automatically. Turn this off and it works as intended.
    Select 'Products', then:
    Utilities > Web Properties > Link (tab) > Pop-up Layer (radio button) - Settings. Remove the tick from Close Pop-Up Automatically.
    Hi Chris!

Thanks for your reply . It does link ok now, but the problem now is that the pop-up menu doesn't close when I click away from it, it just hangs around until a link is clicked (and if I click a link in the pop-up, and then click 'back' on my browser, it takes me back to the home page with the menu still up and active), so that's why I checked the close automatically option in the original. Any ideas are very much appreciated, as I would like the pop-up to close itself when the user clicks away from it, or clicks a pop-up menu item

The issue I don't think is related to whether the objects on your popup are sticky or not. Assuming you are repeating the product popup layer on all the pages, I would lock the layer by adding (lock) to the popup name. This ensures you don't close the popup until you move away from it, by either clicking on a link, or by closing the popup itself. You would add any icon of your choice with a link "popup:close" without the quotes to the popup. These are undocumented Xara features, but can be quite useful > https://help.xara.com/article/26-und...d-web-features.

In the example, I made the assumption that you had one overall products page and that each of the product photos linked to that page, but the links could be anything you choose, individual product pages being an example.

Here is the example: Sticky menu test_2.xar

I would make sure too that the popup layer is above the MouseOff layer in the stack.
    Last edited by Initiostar; 22 June 2022 at 08:36 PM.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023