Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile variants changing page when scrolling/flicking

I've just published 3 websites, two of which are on subdomains, and each of them when viewed on a mobile (or with dev tools in browser) change page when scrolling or flicking the screen. Is there a way to disable this as I'm not seeing any options for it? It's proving to be a UX nightmare as the websites are more or less un-browsable on mobile due to it.

Thank you!

Link to main site: https://metroworldwide.co.uk

Default Re: Mobile variants changing page when scrolling/flicking

I am not sure what is wrong but I am seeing the problem on my Iphone.

I also notice that the page can be pulled to one side and you see the white page background. When the finger is released it moves back into place. On your variant website properties do you have the clip to page edge selected?

Ray

I've seen this issue on touch devices; it is possible to create a conflict between a 'Scroll' transition and swipe (which came in at v18). The design IMO does not require a Scroll transition, simply use Website.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pick Website NOT Scroll.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	132214

Hopefully this fixes the issue and provides a work-around.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Cliffie, welcome to TalkGraphics.

If it helps, https://cars.metroworldwide.co.uk/in..._files/651.jpg, is extremely wide.

Also, I do not understand why most of the content of the pages seem to be just images.
    e.g., https://cars.metroworldwide.co.uk/in...les/669@2x.png.
    You are forcing a download of 150MB taking over 5 seconds.

You need to let text be text. Any google bot failing to find text will never rank your sites.

Come back and ask if you do not know how to recover.

Which version of XWD(P) are you using? It looks recent so you ought to be able to select WebP as your image format, saving lots of bytes.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I think Gary has it, because that explains it with the Scroll effect what I was seeing a change of pages when moving side to side.

I have never used the scroll effect so I had never seen this before. Learn something new every day.

Ray

Thank you all for the help!
    I've done some tinkering and resolved some issues, so without spamming with lots of little replies:

Ray, I do have clip to edges enabled so am unsure why the site can be dragged side to side and expose the white background
    Edit: Seems to be working now!

Initiostar, that does seem to have resolved the issue of the page changing when scrolling, thank you!

Acorn, I'm using XWD(P) 19.0.0.64291, I've enabled WebP which seems to have added them to the root files, alongside the .jpg's.

I think I've resolved the width of that element, turns out I had some hidden images in the group (facepalm!).

I'm not entirely sure why everything is acting like an image, I have things grouped in sections but the text should just be text.. do groups export as a combined image?

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-16 154047.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	132216

This is the structure of each section - should I not be using groups?

Edit:
    Ungrouped a couple of sections which does make the text be text on export, but it also seems to bugger the formatting for some reason, tried switching from Open Sans to Tahoma but to no avail
    Last edited by Cliffie; 16 June 2022 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
    I think I've resolved the width of that element, turns out I had some hidden images in the group (facepalm!).

I'm not entirely sure why everything is acting like an image, I have things grouped in sections but the text should just be text.. do groups export as a combined image?

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-16 154047.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	132216

This is the structure of each section - should I not be using groups?
    Cliffie, we all do it.

I am guessing your Section 1 label is what you renamed the Group for its containing items.
    With later versions, there is a Group images option - https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...l#group_images.
    This might be ticked. Untick and text will render as text.

The alternative is to select Section 1, Ungroup and then Soft-group the selection (Shift+Alt+G).

I don't think XWD(P)v19 has Shapes as SVG yet so your divider will appear as an image.
    You can do two things.
    1. Give an Image Filename to all the same dividers. This ensures only one image is generated.
    2. Change the Line to a skinny rectangle. This means you render a DIV rather than an image.
    You would then end up with an image, text blurb and two DIVs. Much the tidier.

I see you have applied WebP already.
    The payload is now 1.5MB in 2 seconds. A vast improvement.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat