Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Google font embedded without problems in XD 15+ makes problems in XD19+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by TomTom66 View Post
    Designer Pro 19 generates the first letter of the file name in capital letters when exporting ".eot" files, e.g. "XaraWDEmbeddedHTMLfont1.eot". Which my web server does NOT accept. This is also NO normal standard. Mean that because of this ccs files are not loaded and "wrong" fonts displayed. If for exampel a picture with uppercase file name used it is not shows, instead the placeholder only.
    TomTom, I have never encountered this.

MS web servers are case-insensitive so any combination invokes the file.
    Unix servers are not, but even with case-sensitivity, you will access an named file if you match each letter's case.

Can you provide the standard that disallows Initial case filenames?

Your service provide may have chosen to invoke an .htaccess file setting that blocks Initial case letters but it would need to have a fairly good reason for that.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed and active Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+, XDPX, XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7, Xara Xtreme 5, back through time (to CC's Artworks).
    Raise software faults with MagiXara: http://support.magix.net/; if Cloud+/Pro+: https://xara.com/contact-us/

Default Re: Google font embedded without problems in XD 15+ makes problems in XD19+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you are welcome

since you are using ver 19 and ver 15, which are both Magix' responsibility to support and not Xara's [Xara now only supports pro+/cloud], it will be interesting to see what response you do get
    Not just all correct ;-) since I have now 2 test versions :-), one from Magix v19 and XD Pro+ actual. Matt from xara did advice me doing this as Magix is far behind with some updates.

matt is very helpful
    -------------------------------
    is it true that we stand on the very edge of an abyss?
    no,of couse not - we used to, but since then we have taken a great step forward...
    Wyrd bi ful ard

I downloaded the entire nunito font family with the same results as Acorn, what I do not understand is why medium is not included since it can be downloaded and installed separately.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.