Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Google font embedded without problems in XD 15+ makes problems in XD19+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by TomTom66 View Post
    Designer Pro 19 generates the first letter of the file name in capital letters when exporting ".eot" files, e.g. "XaraWDEmbeddedHTMLfont1.eot". Which my web server does NOT accept. This is also NO normal standard. Mean that because of this ccs files are not loaded and "wrong" fonts displayed. If for exampel a picture with uppercase file name used it is not shows, instead the placeholder only.
    TomTom, I have never encountered this.

MS web servers are case-insensitive so any combination invokes the file.
    Unix servers are not, but even with case-sensitivity, you will access an named file if you match each letter's case.

Can you provide the standard that disallows Initial case filenames?

Your service provide may have chosen to invoke an .htaccess file setting that blocks Initial case letters but it would need to have a fairly good reason for that.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Google font embedded without problems in XD 15+ makes problems in XD19+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you are welcome

since you are using ver 19 and ver 15, which are both Magix' responsibility to support and not Xara's [Xara now only supports pro+/cloud], it will be interesting to see what response you do get
    Not just all correct ;-) since I have now 2 test versions :-), one from Magix v19 and XD Pro+ actual. Matt from xara did advice me doing this as Magix is far behind with some updates.

matt is very helpful
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I downloaded the entire nunito font family with the same results as Acorn, what I do not understand is why medium is not included since it can be downloaded and installed separately.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Update:

Hello, to all! I had this problem again today with a website using Nunito fonts. A supposedly not embeddable font "Nunito Black2" was given as error message. In the then generated website, a different font was then also displayed at these text passages. Using Acorn's instructions, I quickly identified it using the .CCS class names. This time the font "Nunito Black" was affected. After I exchanged headlines with this font against "Nunito SemiBold" the problem was solved. What surprised me is that apparently the same font style, e.g. "Nunito" (regular) is either listed several times as Nunito1, Nunito2, Nunito3 in the CSS file OR it is "Nunito" (regular) in "BOLD" etc.

All in all very confusing and the absolute final cause I have neither found nor been able to reproduce. Personally it seems to me that this happens when you change a font several times, e.g. "Nunito SemiBold" to "Nunito Bold" (or back again). Maybe there is no "update" in the document (?) Previously, the problem was with "Nunito Medium" or if, for example, "Nunito Medium" was marked with "bold" and another Nunito font was used in the document such as "Nunito Semibiold" and also marked in the same document in "bold".

Then I got the message that it was impossible to embed this font. Mostly as obscure information like Nunito2, Nunito3 or Nunito Black2 and so on. It also happened to me with the Monserat font. I suspect that something is not working perfectly with the embedding. It is clear that v15 worked differently, because there was never this problem. What I also noticed in v19 is that earlier when a font was not embeddable (also e.g. because of license) it was enough to group the line (Ctrl. + G) which converted it then text into a graphic. Now, however, somehow no longer works as before v15. I had a logo where a font "English" was used, the font is installed, is used for years by me, there were never problems. Xara showed a completely different replacement font in the generated website. Grouping the whole logo (which ALWAYS solved such a problem in the past!) did absolutely nothing. Switching and re-switching the font didn't help either.

The only final solution was to create a bitmap copy and use it. I had the same problem in the same document (website) with a headline in the font "English" (the font works fine everywhere else, for years, even in all Xara versions before). Again, neither grouping nor switching helped. Only converting to a bitmap copy worked as a workaround. Very confusing, but so far cost me a lot of time for troubleshooting and pointless "experiments" which I was never used to from Xara Pro+.

TomTom

hope I am not stealing OP issue/
    but mine is similar ... so thought to add it here
    let me know if I should have made my own thread
    every time I load my .xar - it says font not loaded
    yet it is not in my used font list - (but it does show up in document info)
    (trying to upload a pix from my computer - but it does not appear? why not?)
    I even tried BBC codes etc - I just get links to appear

nor is it in the google fonts to add
    where can (how ) do I sech my site for where it is used? so I can replace it
    maybe is embedded in one of my widgets?

why is this just a link and not displayed?
    https://i.imgur.com/qt27wZm.jpg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qt27wZm.jpeg 
Views:	95 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	132298

[Acorn]
    How to add an image to a Post in TG

The Post top toolbar has an Inset Image icon - click this.
    The pop-up window has two tabs - From Computer & From URL.

I followed the link above and opened the image in its own tab and copied its URL and added it to the From URL input box and pressed OK.
    Last edited by Acorn; 01 July 2022 at 03:26 PM.

Hello TheeeDragon. No problem. Fonts used in the document are displayed in the Name Gallery: Utilities -> Galleries -> Name Gallery. There scroll down to "Uses Fonts". Installed fonts are displayed in the Fonts Gallery: Utilities -> Galleries -> Fonts Gallery.

I was going to check if: 1.) The font is listed there 2.) The font is listed in Windows (Search bar: Enter Fonts or Fonts). If yes, search for the font online, download it. Then delete the font on the computer, reboot and reinstall it ("Fonts / Install Fonts"). Or if it is in the list, reinstall it directly in Xara via Fonts Gallery -> "Get fonts...".

Hope this helps.

TomTom

@ theeedragon

you cannot embed images - you need to press the go advanced button bottom right and then scroll down to manage attachments button and then upload

your link works for me
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@ theeedragon

A fast, elegant & easy way to upload, host the image and generate the link to post is also install the "small sized" screenshot tool from here.

https://postimages.org/

No ... NEVER attach images that are hosted elsewhere. BAD practice.

Use ATTACHMENTS as handrawn suggested earlier.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.