Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Width of websites in 2022?

Hello,

since a long time I make websites with XD Pro always in 1200px wide. The question is whether this is so today (2022) not necessary or you can also go to larger widths. For example 1240px, 1280px or above? And for mobile versions instead of 480px e.g. 540 px. Also I only do 2 variants, so no variant in 7xxpx.
    Or is that not recommended?

Thanks for any comments,

TomTom

Default Re: Width of websites in 2022?

TomTom, I find Main 1440px, single Variant 720px and set Scale to Fit Width 1600px works.
    I make the Variant font sizes 50% larger so are still readable at 480/720 scaling.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

TomTom. Always an interesting discussion. I’m running 1050 px, and 480 for mobile. Acorn brings up the great scale to fit width which is a great feature that I’m just exploring on my sites. I find the settings I mention bodes well for tablets as well.
    It’s an interesting discussion because designers and office workers are using larger screens. Mobile now is 60% in viewership.
    I’m starting to think about designs that are viewed in landscape on mobile phones.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Thanks so far to everyone. I think I will do here some future test also with Scale to Fit Width.

TomTom

Think of it as what is comfortable and convenient for your visitors. If your site width is 3800pixels which is an exaggeration but how easy is it for your visitor to get around.

People generally visit a website for specific information. The easier you can make the experience of finding that information, the happier your visitor will be.