Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XT-CM and Xara sites.

I am trying to wrap my head around using XT-CMS and Xara for building a site, whether it is a blogging site or sales site.

I have looked at XT Tom's example on his site but I am wondering if any other people have real world examples of where they have used the two programs together? If so could you post some links.

Thanks
    Ray
    Last edited by RKissane; 09 June 2022 at 02:57 PM.

Default Re: XT-CM and Xara sites.

I'm not sure if you've seen it already but here's a pdf guide that tries to explain how they both work together.

It's tricky to explain in a concise way but I try to summarize it with the following paragraph in the guide..

In summary think of each page in your Xara document as a page template and not an actual web page.
    The actual web pages on your site are controlled and output by the CMS whilst their appearance and
    layout is determined by the page template.
    I'm not sure if that's helps, it can be tricky to understand the workflow initially.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Default Re: XT-CM and Xara sites.

Xtom,

I had read the guide and understood the idea that Xara is being used as a page template. I was wanting to see some real world examples of this in action.

Ray