Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Fast Publish is at a snail's pace PRO+

The fast Fast Publish option used to take a few seconds if there were only minor changes. Now it seems to take forever. Anyone else notice this?

Default Re: Fast Publish is at a snail's pace PRO+

Gary, the difference may be if you have been using Shapes as SVG.
    All the shapes are created as a long list of co-ordinates and moves but, importantly, are all now in the HTM pages.
    Before many of the shapes were rendered as images and stored (unchanged) in the index_htm_files folder.
    Fast Publish would previously have uploaded the small HTM files, which are now considerably larger.

OLD: small HTMs + lots of PNGs
    NEW: larger HTMs + fewer, smaller WebPs
    This is a trade-off against faster and crisper websites as there are fewer files downloaded and generally the overall download size is quite smaller.

I mentioned WebP as your XDA is generating WebPs, JPGs & PNGs to cover all types of browser capability.
    The upload has more files but for any given browser, only a subset of them are required.

I design with WebP off until final publish.
    I export locally.
    I use Filezilla to do the equivalent of Xara's fast Publish.
    I avoid the Magix upload servers as I have no control over them, whereas I know what my SP provides.

The Xara Cloud > Share > Share to Web is quite quick as the design file is already in the the Cloud so no upload at publish just at design change.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I get this. BUT after the site is published, it should not have to take so long when the user makes small changes. For example, after I updated our stereogram website which took considerable time to upload and delete, I made a simple text change to a caption and a few lines of text at the bottom of the home page. That was it. And it still took close to 5 minutes to upload.

In an unrelated incident, I was able to upload 300MB of files to DropSend Direct in under three minutes so it is not my upload speed.

Then Magix has to be put in pole position.
    Can I assume you have your own Service Provider and domain?
    If so, using Magix to stage to your site is never gong to be as quick.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have had a hosting package with Namecheap for at least 20 years and I have never had this problem before. I'm not sure what if anything this has with Magix since I am using Pro+.

The fast Fast Publish option used to take a few seconds if there were only minor changes. Now it seems to take forever. Anyone else notice this?
    No, I haven't.

So to get this straight you are not publishing to a Magix or Xara hosted site?

You're posting to your paid for web host, Namecheap?

So how about doing a test. You supply a website of which is causing these slow issues and TG members upload to their web hosts and we compare upload times?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

My 2 cents.
    I'm with Acorn, it's the SVG and WebP. To test, turn those two off and check the difference.

I'm with Acorn, it's the SVG and WebP. To test, turn those two off and check the difference.
    That's my point. Whatever is causing this issue, we have had our eyeTricks 3D Stereograms site up for over ten years hosted on Namecheap whose servers as far as I know are in the US, and until recently when I made a small change as described, the change was made almost instantly.

Egg - Rather than mess around with my website, take one of your own and see as Acorn and Chris have suggested, turn on export as SVG and WebP and make a small change. Then turn these features off, make another small change and see if there is any difference.