Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello Deep,
    I am a student of graphic design at Bangalore, India. I have heard a lot about you. Finally I have the chance to request your help. There is this Flash 5 file I was working on. Suddenly at one point after I generated a shockwave file, two buttons stopped working. Then gradually things got worse. Gradually all the buttons stopped working, it started taking a l-o-n-g time to generate the shockwave…and then it gave the message “A script in this movie is causing Flash Player to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive.. Do you want to abort the script?” And then I would get a shockwave file where the first button, that is “start presentation” would work. The intro ani would run, and then the moment I came to the “enter” button, it wouldn’t work and the system would hang. This was in Flash 5. I opened the file in MX, still same problem. I created a new file in MX and then recreated each scene by copypasting the element from the earlier file. and redoing the scripting. It was working fine then suddenly the same problem strikes…
    I have gone over all the scripts…there is no complicated scripts…all “go tos” and an occasional “load movie” or FS Commnand. Nothing comes up when I debug the file….I am totally flummoxed. Desperate, anxious, everything….
    Please help.
    Thanks in advance,
    fructifly

[This message was edited by fructifly on August 05, 2002 at 03:59.]
    IP

Hello Deep,
    I am a student of graphic design at Bangalore, India. I have heard a lot about you. Finally I have the chance to request your help. There is this Flash 5 file I was working on. Suddenly at one point after I generated a shockwave file, two buttons stopped working. Then gradually things got worse. Gradually all the buttons stopped working, it started taking a l-o-n-g time to generate the shockwave…and then it gave the message “A script in this movie is causing Flash Player to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive.. Do you want to abort the script?” And then I would get a shockwave file where the first button, that is “start presentation” would work. The intro ani would run, and then the moment I came to the “enter” button, it wouldn’t work and the system would hang. This was in Flash 5. I opened the file in MX, still same problem. I created a new file in MX and then recreated each scene by copypasting the element from the earlier file. and redoing the scripting. It was working fine then suddenly the same problem strikes…
    I have gone over all the scripts…there is no complicated scripts…all “go tos” and an occasional “load movie” or FS Commnand. Nothing comes up when I debug the file….I am totally flummoxed. Desperate, anxious, everything….
    Please help.
    Thanks in advance,
    fructifly

[This message was edited by fructifly on August 05, 2002 at 03:59.]
    IP

hmmm...sounds like a neverending loop. all the scripts you have in there - are there any scripts which would cause it to continue looping with no exit? when you run your movie(s), try and have your task manager open, and see what sort of system resources it's taking. if it keeps taking all your cpu time, then it may be looping like mad. check your actionscripts for anything that may be working on that scale.

if your memory, on the other hand, is what's going nuts, then it may be that you're getting the flash player to work on something that's way too huge, and shouldn't be done in one big chunk. do you have crazy large animations, or large assets in the movie? try stripping it down to placeholders, etc, and see if it plays the movie with no problems. it could just be that one of your assets is just too much for your computer to handle (it would be comparable to trying to run quake 3 on a 486. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    Interactive Developer
    http://www.bluespark.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

thanks so much Deep. I did that profile check and sure enough it was reaching the maximum level. But then I couldn't really crack the exact problem becuase none of my assests were really huge...so I just split up the different scenes into seperate shockwaves and used the load movie function. Thnaks again for responding.
    fructifly
    IP